Tamiya Ducati 1199 Panigale

imster

Unfortunately I have bad news.

I went for a motorbike ride last weekend and had a crash, my left shoulder is completely shattered and my right thumb has a torn ligament so no modelling for me for quite some time, I go for surgery on Friday so wish me luck!

Great finish on the Ducati! What a superb job you've done.

But more importantly, sorry to read about your crash :owww:

I really hope that you mend well. Keep us all posted.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks all,

surgery went well now time to recover and hopefully ill be back on the bench in 8 weeks time.

the accident was my fault, i didnt hit anyone but just lowsided coming into a tight corner, the crash was at around 40kmh so very slow too, glad i had all my gear on and that it was my shoulder rather than my head, neck or back

thanks all,

surgery went well now time to recover and hopefully ill be back on the bench in 8 weeks time.

the accident was my fault, i didnt hit anyone but just lowsided coming into a tight corner, the crash was at around 40kmh so very slow too, glad i had all my gear on and that it was my shoulder rather than my head, neck or back

I hope you feel better soon, glad the surgery went well.

I am now going to be building a Tamiya ZX-14 and want a Panigale kit when I'm finished.

ATB

Rick

cheers fella, on the mend now and cant wait to get back on the bench!

Hi Imster,

as a fellow biker, I wish you a fast, complete recovery.

And also being a biker (who averages around 25,000 miles per year), I have to ask, how's your bike?

Regards

Reggie

Edited by The Cameraman

Hi Imster,

as a fellow biker, I wish you a fast, complete recovery.

And also being a biker (who averages around 25,000 miles per year), I have to ask, how's your bike?

Regards

Reggie

the bike is pretty much a write off, it was a low speed lowside accident but surprisingly did lots of damage. I put alot of effort into that bike (2008 Kawasaki Z1000), had it custom painted and lots of add on parts. In terms of damage, the tank is completely dented and ruined (no leaks though), gear lever and peg completely sheared off, front bar bent, grips, controls, levers and speedo totalled, front fairing busted and bent up, exhaust cans ruined, all bodyparts have scrqatches and scrapes, the list is endless lol.

the bike is pretty much a write off, it was a low speed lowside accident but surprisingly did lots of damage. I put alot of effort into that bike (2008 Kawasaki Z1000), had it custom painted and lots of add on parts. In terms of damage, the tank is completely dented and ruined (no leaks though), gear lever and peg completely sheared off, front bar bent, grips, controls, levers and speedo totalled, front fairing busted and bent up, exhaust cans ruined, all bodyparts have scrqatches and scrapes, the list is endless lol.

Sorry to hear about all the damage imster, coming from someone who works in the bike industry Z1000's are nice bikes. Did you have any Power bronze parts on it ?

Get well soon.

Rick

Sorry to hear about the spill, but it sounds like you're recovering well so I'm pleased for you. Always the first thought when you crash, 'how's the bike? can I still ride it?'!

Nice model, lovely red! Look forward to your return to the bench!

• 1 month later...

So I'm almost healed up enough to get back on this! I can't wait as I've been pretty stressed about my lack of mobility and independence, breaking a shoulder is much worse than a leg or arm and even as I type its only with one hand as my shoulder is still in the sling.

Anyways I'm almost done with this build, just a matter of putting it all together as the front fender is now complete, I am just in the process of figuring out how to attach the cowlings without using the screws so once thats solved then I will finish this one off!

• 4 months later...

And finally its complete!!!

I didnt put the mirrors or the rear mudguard as I think the bike looks ugly with them on, perhaps later on I will put them on but for the time being all pics are with the 'slimline illegal' look icon_razz.gif

Hope you all like!! C&C welcome icon_razz.gif

DSC03852.jpg

DSC03851.jpg

DSC03853.jpg

DSC03867.jpg

DSC03869.jpg

DSC03871.jpg

DSC03872.jpg

DSC03856.jpg

DSC03858.jpg

DSC03859.jpg

DSC03860.jpg

DSC03861.jpg

If you like what you see then follow my next build which is a car this time..... The 1991 LeMans winning Mazda 787B in Renown/Charge livery:

Mazda 787B

Edited by imster
  • Like 3