Welcome to Britmodeller.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

• Announcements

• Mike

Switched Identities   18/06/17

If you are still having problems logging in and remaining under your own username following the DDoS attack last week, you need to log off, clear your browser's cache, and restart your browser to ensure you clear all the old files from your temporary area.  Then you should be sorted.
andrewa

HMS Hermes, Broadsword and Yarmouth 1/350

168 posts in this topic

Hi Andrew,

What have you been up to since completing this dio. would love to see anything you've done since,

spad

I had been watching the build, but missed the final result, so I'm glad the thread has resurfaced.

Talking about techniques learned in the process... could you please explain how you manage to scale yourself down to 1:350, do the job then rescale yourself up to human size?

Never seen anything like this... breathtaking. Bravo!

Claudio

Fabulous work! Simply stunning! The level of detail and realism is awesome! Congrats on a superb job :clap2:

Cheers

Jaime

As all have said here, cracking museum display this is.

Many hours work here.

Fantastic display is all I can say. (I am a poet and did'nt know it).

You can be proud of this one Andrew. :winkgrin:

foxy :coolio:

Just looking through the back pages and caught this wonderfull build, excellent, 

Glynn

Edited by Hewy
Double post

Posted (edited)

Absolutely amazing craftsmanship. There isn't much more to say compared with 7 pages of praise. 5.5 years is long but the result speak for itself! Well done Andrew. I realy love the watermodelling.  I wish I could see it in person. Now I'm gonna go and spend a couple of hours reading the WIP thread. :)

\\Dan 

Edited by Zippo the Zipdrive
1 person likes this

Well, what can I add, I can only fully agree with all the above!

And, finally someone convinced me to start my Nimitz. Thank you for sharing!! 

1 person likes this

I remember seeing this when it was first posted and it's just as impressive now - I particularly admire the rusting effects.

1 person likes this

I can't believe what I'm seeing...amazing skills...the final result is top tier. It shows the love and passion that were put into it. Maestro.

1 person likes this

i need a lot of pills....and an enema to copy with this magic effort!!! A masterpiece!!!!!!!! Fantastic!!!!!:o

1 person likes this

Ship modelling at the highest level, this for me, is just pure art

1 person likes this

I have been drawn back to this thread so many times now and it is great to see new members discovering this work of art. On a sombre note read what the ships and their men were going into.

Its a long thread but an insight into the Falklands war.on the lower decks was like from a nineteen year old Sailor.

https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/falklands-war-hms-argonaut.244349/

2 people like this

I've just seen this for the first time and it really is remarkable. Congratulations on a really amazing work of modeling art. I don't mind saying this is probably one of, if not the, best models I think I've ever seen.

1 person likes this

18 hours ago, bianfuxia said:

I've just seen this for the first time and it really is remarkable. Congratulations on a really amazing work of modeling art. I don't mind saying this is probably one of, if not the, best models I think I've ever seen.

Same for me - I can only agree.

Stunning work

Rob

Wow. I have to say that this is the best model of any type that I have seen, ever. The attention to detail is mind boggling. The sea looks incredible and the whole thing looks like photographs of the real thing. Awesome. 

:worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy: