One of the most interesting and inspirational builds I have had the privilege to follow - to describe your work as "excellent" would probably be an understatement.

Any thoughts on what you will build next to follow it yet?

• Like 2

Part 2:

I tried to add lots of interest to the flight deck, and get things as accurate as possible within scale. All the aircraft are lashed down and chocked apart from the SK and Harrier being marshalled on deck

10.jpg

total Airgroup is 12 Sea harriers, 4 Harriers (converted from SHARs) 4 Sea King HAS5 & 3 HC4s all converted from SK AEW2s. 2 Lynxes all from WEM. 2 of the SHARS have tiny Sidewinders

11.jpg

One SHAR is about to be refuelled, and the two SKs are about to depart. All the flight deck crew have correctly coloured surcoats and hopefully are in a sensible location for their role.

12.jpg

​SK being guided onto the deck edge lift and two armed Harriers.

13.jpg

Again, lots of photos were used to position the aircraft and vehicles realistically, matching many of the parking spots used at the time.

24.jpg

Most of the vehicles are also scratch built, plus a few items from the WEM HMS Illustrious Air wing brass set. the massive 10p piece should give an idea of scale.

21.jpg

Finally, the ski ramp and more parked aircraft.

22.jpg

I'll finish up with Part three right after this...

Edited by andrewa
  • Like 47
  • Thanks 2

Brilliant build, I like how you have done the sea, reminds me of another modeller, I think his name is Costas Katseas, his model ships just like yours showed the ships being battered by the waves in a very convincing way

Museum Quality and not a penny short of it! Outstanding!!

Brings back some 'pleasant' memories :cold: and its amazing how big the flight deck looks on the model compared to how small it looked when viewed from above in a helicopter!

Christian the Married and exiled to africa

What a great modeller you are!

It`s absolutely amazing what you have done.

What can be seen in those pictures speaks so high of you.

Your attention to detail and wide set of modelling skills are second to none.

I think it is a brilliant idea perfectly executed.

Inspiring... great tribute to those who won the Falklands.

Adrian

• Like 1