I had been watching the build, but missed the final result, so I'm glad the thread has resurfaced.

Talking about techniques learned in the process... could you please explain how you manage to scale yourself down to 1:350, do the job then rescale yourself up to human size?

Never seen anything like this... breathtaking. Bravo!

Claudio

• 2 weeks later...

Fabulous work! Simply stunning! The level of detail and realism is awesome! Congrats on a superb job :clap2:

Cheers

Jaime

As all have said here, cracking museum display this is.

Many hours work here.

Fantastic display is all I can say. (I am a poet and did'nt know it).

You can be proud of this one Andrew. :winkgrin:

foxy :coolio:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Absolutely amazing craftsmanship. There isn't much more to say compared with 7 pages of praise. 5.5 years is long but the result speak for itself! Well done Andrew. I realy love the watermodelling.  I wish I could see it in person. Now I'm gonna go and spend a couple of hours reading the WIP thread. :)

\\Dan 

Edited by Zippo the Zipdrive
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have been drawn back to this thread so many times now and it is great to see new members discovering this work of art. On a sombre note read what the ships and their men were going into.

Its a long thread but an insight into the Falklands war.on the lower decks was like from a nineteen year old Sailor.

https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/falklands-war-hms-argonaut.244349/

• Like 2

18 hours ago, bianfuxia said:

I've just seen this for the first time and it really is remarkable. Congratulations on a really amazing work of modeling art. I don't mind saying this is probably one of, if not the, best models I think I've ever seen.

Same for me - I can only agree.

Stunning work

Rob

• 3 weeks later...

Wow. I have to say that this is the best model of any type that I have seen, ever. The attention to detail is mind boggling. The sea looks incredible and the whole thing looks like photographs of the real thing. Awesome. 

:worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

• 8 months later...
On 10/15/2014 at 23:32, andrewa said:

Somewhere in the South Atlantic May 1982...

Next up some detail shots.

If anyone has missed the WiP and would like to see the history on this one, here's the thread: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234927178-operation-corporate-carrier-battlegroup-1350

Andrew

Well I have seen something things but this is something else. Just absolutely superb in every way. Quite amazing.

Laurie

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

A staggering, monumental piece of work Andrew.

Congratulations on producing something that could be stared at for hours without growing tired of looking.

Exquisite!

Tony

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I've not trawled the ship section on Britmodeller until recently and I've got to say this is an absolutely exquisite model in every way and for it to be mostly scratch built just boggles the mind.

For someone just starting his first serious 1/350 ship build it's both frightening and inspirational at the same time.

Some pictures just take you to the wilds of the South Atlantic in 1982, just brilliant.

• Like 1