Dragon 1/35 King Tiger - Battle of the Bulge

Matt182

Hi guys,

Just thought I would share with you what I'm working on at the moment. I'm taking a break from the Trumpy KT so I thought I'd get this smaller one finished. I've made a few changes to the kit, mainly the fruil tracks and voyager barrel but I've also replaced a fair few parts with superior parts from the spares box. I've tried to keep photo etch to minimum for an easier build.

The build is nearly complete, just a few parts, weld seams and a little clean up left to go. I'm going to paint this in the 'ambush' camo scheme as it will be good practise for when I come to paint the big KT.

4Custom.jpg

2Custom.jpg

5Custom.jpg

1Custom.jpg

Cheers

Matt

• Like 4

one of my favorite models' you have my attention. :popcorn:

regards oz!.

Hi Matt,

Look Great! :goodjob:

I've finished mine now, ill be posting pictures ASAP.

Look forward to seeing how yours turns out?

Just in the painting stage of my 1/32 He-219 & Fw-190, then I must start the Trumpeter KingTiger :banghead:

Phil

Thanks for the positive comments guys, much appreciated :)

I've now finished construction. Adding all those extra welds was rather time consuming!

6Custom.jpg

I decided I wanted to add a little battle damage to this one. Not something I've done before but I thought I'd give it a try. First I added some sharpnel damage by the grills

9Custom.jpg

I then had a go at adding a small caliber deflected shell impact. I also added some light flame cut texture to the edges of the armour plate.

10Custom.jpg

Also added was some cast texture using mister surfacer 500

7Custom.jpg

8Custom.jpg

I added a figure I had in the spares box, MK35 productions I think.

11Custom.jpg

I'm pretty happy with the overall build. I've noticed a couple of bits in the photos that need a little clean up but I'd say it's ready for some paint.

12Custom.jpg

13Custom.jpg

Cheers

Matt