Avia B 135, scratch conversion of KP Avia 35

JWM

Hi,

To complete my short story (or show) on Bulgarian AF during WWII the third and the last (as yet) of mine collections made in markings of Bulgarian AF. This is Avia B 135 - a Czech build fighter, produced already under German occupation. At present there is a nice model of this machine by RS....However, I made it several years ago, so I made as scratch conversion of Kovozavody Prostejov Avia B-35. The differences are in u/c, rear part of canopy and fuselage (wider in B 135), stright leading edge of wing in B135 (eliptic in B 35) and some small details.

Regrads

Jerzy-Wojtek

avia 135 DSC02314avia 135 DSC02315avia 135 DSC02313

avia 135 DSC02312

Edited by JWM
Switch to Flickr
  • Like 16

Hi My Friend Jerzy!!!

BTW Some days ago I was looking locally for a KP Avia B35 to rework and do this one as you did, as seem the measurements are the same and have to follow your path modifying the wings leading edge and s¡reshaping the fuselage BUT looking at this post you did, will  look  for the RS kit to watch what happen and build the one who downed the B-24....BUT as have chance to find one KP locally, for sure will took the option and will ask you for advice in this not so hard job. Without a doubt, is better to look for  a professional for a job well done!!!  

Cheers!!!

Luis Alfonso

Edited by Luis Alfonso
  • Like 1

Dear Luis-Alfonso,

I am sure that now, when RS is producing this as kit it is a bit bizzare to work on conversion of old KP kit of B35 into B135. There are still some fields of playing with scratch conversions like doing Avia 34 out of 534 or Arado 101 out of 100, even despite the presence of resin kits for both of them...

Yesterday I rescued this thread by switching to Flickr! 

On 19.10.2014 at 9:47 AM, Darby said:

I can't tell there has been any scratching going on at all, well done!

Darby, many thanks! I am sorry that I am answering so late....

On 18.10.2014 at 11:47 PM, Mitch K said:

I think it's RS that make one of these - it's on my list! But it's a long list... :winkgrin:

Mitch, did you get it already?

Regards

J-W

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JWM said:

Dear Luis-Alfonso,

I am sure that now, when RS is producing this as kit it is a bit bizzare to work on conversion of old KP kit of B35 into B135. There are still some fields of playing with scratch conversions like doing Avia 34 out of 534 or Arado 101 out of 100, even despite the presence of resin kits for both of them...

Yesterday I rescued this thread by switching to Flickr! 

Darby, many thanks! I am sorry that I am answering so late....

Mitch, did you get it already?

Regards

J-W

Not yet! I built a KP B-35 as a "what if", and I've got another one in the stash, but the B-135 if still on the wish list!

6 hours ago, Mitch K said:

I built a KP B-35 as a "what if",

Yes, that I remeber that one! :). It is not visible now, unfortunately... I think you have to restore all your past (as I have to)  threads - or you were lucky (wise) not to use single place to store photos in net?

Regards

J-W

Edited by JWM

2 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Nice to see this again, since you showed it originally, I have acquired both the KP & RS kits, they'll hopefully make a nice pair one day, thanks for the inspiration. :)

I am very glad to hear it :). Greetings across the globe!

Regards

J-W