Stalinetz S60 Tractor

KAYELL

Hi Folks

I present Plusmodels Stalinetz S60 Tractor, resin kit.

This has taken me since June to complete.

Have been in a deep rut, not interested in any aspect of modelling hence the time taken.

Managing to slowly climb out, thanks to encouragment from model club members.

The kit was picked up at the Northern Model Show.....bargain...it has also in its stages of construction been dropped four times...all hail to two part epoxy!

Cheers

K

PA110109.jpgPA110106.jpgPA110096.jpg

Thought I would marry it up with Miniarts Limber and Zvesdas 122Mmm Howitzer

PA110098.jpg

• Like 12

:wow: You kept that one quiet mate what a stunner so much for being in a rut love the faded paint effect you get with your green and the weathering gives it a well worn look :goodjob:

It will look spot on and a good contender for a winners prize in any competition and as Tommy says more photos please give us a better view.

Beefy

• Like 1

saw this little beauty in the flesh and its a excellent model' good job mate very good job.

cheers oz!.

• Like 1

Marvellously grubby, K! What did you use for the green? I'm always interested in Soviet colours and what paints people use for them. In this case the green looks (and should) very similar to the green used on Soviet Aircraft during the Great Patriotic War.

Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang
  • Like 1

Hi Jason

The green on the tractor was Tamiya Nato Green(XF67) plus some Tamiya Dark Yellow(XF60) as a base. Approx 9:1

Then added Tamiya Flat Yellow(XF3) in varying proportions to highlight.

The limber and howitzer are done on Revell Aqua Color using Dark Green and yellow as before to highlight.

No big secrets just layer the different shades

Cheers

K

• Like 1

Thank you for the information, K! It looks very similar to the VVS green colour that was called AMT-4 Green and was used on the Il-2 Shturmovik, for example. I use Testors Model Master Interior Green for it. It's a flat enamel paint, as I tend to stay away from acrylics (acrylics and my Badger 150 airbrush just don't get along). The similar colour used on tanks was called 4BO.

Regards,

Jason

• Like 1

Thank you very much Beefy for your kind comments.

A second is more than I could have expected, as the standard was so high. Its only a bit of fun (to me) anyway, but nice for someone else to have looked it over.

I gather you took a couple of top judgements.....well done, more for your creaking trophy cabinet.

Cheers

K