F-15E Strike Eagle - Academy 1/48

Hi!

Here's my latest. It's Academys Strike Eagle finished in Xtracolor paints. I used Eduard photetch for extra detail, and Hasegawa weapon set for the Mk. 82's. Decals are from Afterburner and depicts a Lakenheath Eagle :)

F-15_09.jpg

F-15_10.jpg

F-15_11.jpg

F-15_12.jpg

F-15_13.jpg

F-15_14.jpg

F-15_15.jpg

F-15_16.jpg

F-15_17.jpg

F-15_18.jpg

F-15_19.jpg

All comments appreciated :)

Best regards
Rune Haugen

Norway

Edited by runeha
  • Like 19

Beautiful! Drove past Mildenhall and Lakenheath area yesterday and hoped I might be lucky enough to see one of these beasts, but the skies were silent unfortunately.

Smashing build, and some lovely detail touches.

Looks good.

I like this a lot.

Were there any problems with this kit as I have it marked as my big winter build ?

Also what were the P/E like?

:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

Simon.

Thanks Simon :)

No real problems with the kit, I would suggest you strenghten the seam between the nose section and the rest of the fuselage with some plasticard. Also look out for the two air intake choices. Tilted down means engines running and canopy shut. Straight is the ones for a bird on the ground without engines running :) I used PE from Eduard as my kit didn't contain any. Eduards PE was excellent.

Awesome. I'm about to build same kit as Singapore Air Force. How does kit build? Anything to look out for?

As mentioned above. No real problems with the kit, I would suggest you strenghten the seam between the nose section and the rest of the fuselage with some plasticard. Also look out for the two air intake choices. Tilted down means engines running and canopy shut. Straight is the ones for a bird on the ground without engines running

Rune

Thanks Simon :)

No real problems with the kit, I would suggest you strenghten the seam between the nose section and the rest of the fuselage with some plasticard. Also look out for the two air intake choices. Tilted down means engines running and canopy shut. Straight is the ones for a bird on the ground without engines running :) I used PE from Eduard as my kit didn't contain any. Eduards PE was excellent.

Thanks for that sir, I was looking at that seam /joint and came to the same conclusion.

As for the P/E I will be using the Big Ed set plus A/M decals.

Thanks for the heads up.

Simon.

Fantastic, great finish, and the jet nozzles are excellent in particular- are those from the kit or aftermarket?

Matt