Fisher 1/32 Ryan STM-2

Just finished my build of the Fisher Ryan STM-2 kit, finished in RAAF markings circa 1942. It's a great little kit, but unfortunately I don't feel I've done it full justice, thanks to my usual ham-fisted approach. However, I still think it looks pretty good, and I'm pretty happy with it overall. I've been working at making my photos more presentable too, so I hope that's evident in the ones below. Anyway, enough waffle - here they are:

DSCF6510_zpsdbef0dfb.jpg

DSCF6508_zps656ade6f.jpg

DSCF6512_zps5ec5f001.jpg

DSCF6509_zps9250a10d.jpg

DSCF6515_zps2c05e450.jpg

DSCF6513_zps5f36c228.jpg

DSCF6514_zpse2f94ab4.jpg

More photos:

DSCF6519_zps205864e1.jpg

DSCF6518_zps99cc6ab7.jpg

DSCF6517_zps3c38086e.jpg

DSCF6516_zps65b0487f.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Kev

Edited by Big Kev
  • Like 7

I fail to see why you feel that way, Kev. Looks better than fine to me.....

Thanks dude. In truth I deliberately photographed it in a way that minimises its warts. But to be specific, the front windscreen is a bit of a mess (you just can't tell in the photos), there's some silvering on the fuselage codes (that only appeared after the flat coat), I screwed up the rigging on the underside (spats to outer wings), the tail wheel is set at the wrong angle, and there are a few spots on the underside where the yellow came out a bit rough (in places I couldn't get to to polish it out).

But, we all know we're our own worst critics! And I still think it looks pretty good, but won't be gracing any competition tables any time soon.

Kev

Edited by Big Kev
  • Like 1

Any sense of 'hamfistedness' is probably only founded in eternal conflict between the builder's inner vision and the tangible result. ;-)

It's a wonderful little model of a prototype that I didn't even knew existed – an eclectic mix of WW I heritage rigging and '30s racing look.

Who cares about competitions; this is a superb conversation piece.

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 1

Any sense of 'hamfistedness' is probably only founded in eternal conflict between the builder's inner vision and the tangible result. ;-)

It's a wonderful little model of a prototype that I didn't even knew existed – an eclectic mix of WW I heritage rigging and '30s racing look.

Who cares about competitions; this is a superb conversation piece.

Kind regards,

Joachim

Thanks Joachim! That's very kind of you to say.

Kev

Very nice model indeed. Looks a bit like americas answer to the miles magister, especially in those colours.

Well done.

Very nice model indeed. Looks a bit like americas answer to the miles magister, especially in those colours.

Well done.

Thank you sir. I really wanted to do the all-yellow RAAF scheme, but a friend was already doing that, so I went for something different with this one.

Kev