The Twotter is back!

Admiral Puff

Mmmh, Aurigny didn't really float my boat as a preferred colour scheme.

I quite agree; If I had any sway over matters, front runners for additional decal options would be like this:

Trans Maldivian (The temptation to do a diorama with that perfect blue water is immense!)

849_8Q-TMY_CARL-B_-Zitahli-Kuda-Funafaru

net photo

Maldivian Seaplane (A very new user of the Twotter, they got their first one in July 2014)

55555.jpg

net photo

Air Moorea has a variety of schemes including this tasteful one

4105689919_8d9bd6ed46_z.jpg?zz=1

net photo

• Like 1

Postie just delivered mine. Looks alright, a little flashy, but nothing serious. Glad to see it comes with floats (and skis). Now to find some decals...

Andrew

You tell us your good news but then keep us on tenter hooks about colour schemes!!!!...:)

Jeff

This is the West Coast Air scheme, I think.

Andrew

That's the one!

Mine have just arrived, and I can confirm that Revell has simply repopped the Matcbox kit. The props are still set in fine pitch (default setting with engines off was fully feathered), the side pillars for the windscreen are still too thick and the undercarriage is still too frail to support a fully ballasted model. Still, it's the only game in town ...

I got mine this morning. Its one of those kits that fill up a corner of the box it comes in. Nice decals indeed though. But, Revell have missed a trick in not including the BC coat of Arms and title to the same subject. See pics in this link:

http://www.twinotterarchive.com/DHC-6_176.html#CGJAW_102002

It would have added just that little bit more to the decal set.

Although I expect there was a good reason.

By the way, if you scroll to top of the link when opened, you'll find C-GJAW full history and where its at now. And notice it started life with a long nose and ended up with a short nose!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have one of the "olde" Matchbox versions in work now. The props are awful on this kit. They are warped and look something like a caveman's club. Are there any currently available aftermarket props that might work?

With the engines powered off it looks like the blades are in the full feathered position.

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered the kit a while ago and the shop promised to restock. Now they told me the kit was currently unavailable from Revell which seems quite strange considering it was only released in September...

Edited by Whisperjet