Two old French Fighters from Spain

Hello,

I am back... Today I would like to show photos of two mine 1/72 models by Azur: Loire 46 and Dewoitine 371. Both are almost OOB, with some minor corrections and added details. The markings are not from box, in case of Dewoitine it is only change for another number (in box there is 12, my is 13) from the same squadron, based Tel Como, Madrid 1936, pilot J. Corral . Loire 46 C1 is from Getafe (pilot V.Veniel) and Cuadro Vientos, Madrid (pilot A.Guidez) from 1936, a/c prod. no 93.

Here they are,

regards

Jerzy -Wojtek

1. Dewoitne 371

dewoitine DSC01535dewoitine DSC01537dewoitine DSC01534

dewoitine DSC01533

dewoitine DSC01532

2. Loire 46

loire 46 DSC01544loire 46 DSC01538loire 46 DSC01539loire 46 DSC01540

loire 46 DSC01541loire 46 DSC01542loire 46 DSC01543

Edited by JWM
Switch to Flickr
  • Like 22

Yes, Loire 46 has quite unusual shape - the wing is so called Pulawski wing (after constructor Zygmunt Pulawski) or gull wing, which was first introduced in Polish PZL-P.1 fighter in ca. 1930 and then was a kind of hallmark of PZL fighters like P.7, P.11 and P.24...There were some other similar shape fighters - Aero A 102 or Ikarus Ik2 (a bit more flat in this case).

Dewoitine is more conventional but also very nice shaped.

I decided to make them in Spanish Civil War markings, since I think they did not survived in French army to outbreak of WWII (or - am I wrong?).

J-W

Lovely builds, both of them. Both of these designs are very "of their time", aren't they? That period of quite elegant parasol wing fighters was short, but there were some lovely examples. Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

Very nice builds of those weird and wonderful French interwar fighters. I seem to recall that the Loire 46 was still being used as a trainer at the outbreak and i understand that three were still in frontline service, but were replaced very quickly

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Thank you Mitch and Martin for commnets and Learstang for liking - which returned me to this old post.

Indeed, Loire 46 was used as advanced trainer in FAF and even was used by some Polish pilots in France...

Cheers

J-W

Edited by JWM
  • Like 1

I just rescued it converting to Flickr and I am sorry - cannot resist to put it back to forum...I hope at least some new mambers will not be angry on this ....

Regards

J-W

• Like 3