Revell Spit IIa

One more new build to post up. Revell's new 1/32 Spitfire Mk.IIa. Apparently, there's some some accuracy issues with this kit, but personally I enjoyed it immensely, and that's all that counts in my book. OOB and hand brushed with Revell Aquacolors (y)

SAM_9180_zps94d4147d.jpgSAM_9181_zps0680b7e9.jpgSAM_9182_zps0a271d74.jpgSAM_9183_zpsc20ca579.jpgSAM_9184_zps63177899.jpgSAM_9188_zpsed7ca606.jpgSAM_9186_zps6d75717c.jpg

• Like 23

Hi Alan. That looks fantastic! I intend to have a go at one of these at some point and I'll probably build it pretty much out the box like you have. Looks like a Spitfire to me! Thank you for posting - from a fellow brush painter!! :goodjob:

A smashing build and finish! Brush painted, really? Hard to believe, really.

The exhaust stacks have apparently just been changed – they could do with a bit of burnt metal treatent, if that's not the intention. Also, a parked Spitfire tends to look a bit 'stiff' if the elevators aren't drooped a bit.

Minor quibbles, of course – impressive modelling on display.

Kind regards,

Joachim

I also can't believe it's brush painted, did you spray a coat of varnish on to hide any brush marks, I used to do that. I don't know about inaccuracies, the only nit pick I would have is the old chestnut about Spifires not being parked with the flaps down.

Very nice Alan :goodjob: , i have one of those in the stash , whats the story regarding the accuracy issues ?

Off the top of my head, the wheel well bulges are apparently the wrong shape. And the oil cooler is more accurate for a Mk.V. I'm sure there's plenty other minor grumbles for the purists. But it's close enough for me (y)