Vosper MTB Colour Help

Doug

Hi all,

Can someone please help me with the red used on the inside of these inlet/exhaust vent pipes please, the plans are next to useless as far as painting goes on this Airfix kit:

Inlet-ExhaustFunells0001_zps45f182d9.jpg

Inlet-ExhaustFunells0002_zps7b37b2f3.jpg

Would prefer Humbrol/Revell or Vallejo range if possible.

TIA

Doug S.

Hi Doug,

I assume its the 73' Type 1 your doing. . .

I fairly sure the insides of the vents would be white to cut down the shadow effect at night

Cheers Kev

PS Nice job of cleaning up the vents !

Edited by longshanks

Hi Kev,

Sad to say the vents are not mine, I will be attempting to finish mine to the sam standard,but these vents belong to another britmodeller modeller who's name has escaped me for the moment.

Edit: Modeller Longshanks produced these vents sorry for posting his picture but they were the only pictures I could find at the time If you haven't seen his build/in progress take a look it's stunning.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234960142-vosper-73-mtb-type-1-airfix-172/

Doug S.

Edited by Doug

Hi Doug,

Great big belly laugh!!

Kev and longshanks are one and the same ;-)

Vain bugger aint I complementing my own vents LOL

For you info the insides were smoothed with various ball grinders/polishers in an electric drill at slow speed. Followed by a coat of Mr Surfacer

Cheers Kev

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Very red faced and bowing in awe,

sorry to use your pictures but your build is so good I just had to use it to ask about the components I was trying, badly, to describe! lol.

have to say you really did a good job on those vents, the ones in the kit are truely dreadful as is, great job on your build and I am using it to inspire me with my build.

Doug S.