Airfix Facebook Teasers

Richard M

Ok, I'm looking at the photo scaled up now and I can see that there is another set of ladders located aft of the rear wing spar.

So basically, the bomb bay is twice as long as a B-17 as a result of this, so I don't think it would be that one. And the fact that the wing spar is low rules out a B-24. However... this would still appear to be a heavy bomber in my books.

Possibly... a Ju88???

post-5311-1231458720.jpg

• Like 1

The airfoil structure does not look like a B-17

Picture from Airfix looks like this /l\l/l\l/l\

Whereas B-17 looks like this l/l/l/l/

Robert

I stand by what I said just now.

I reckon it's a Junkers Ju-88... Does anybody have photos of a Junkers Ju88 bomb bay?

Further to that... if you look at the location of the rear of the wing, it is in exactly the same position as in the cutaway I posted a couple of posts above.

In my mind, that's a Ju88 alright.

Edited by Chris Jephcott

I think Chris has got it looking at google,does the bomb fins not give a clue?no expert but they don,t look allied and it would tie in with

next years BoB anniversary.

Chaps, not wishing to step on any sacred aeroplaney toes, especially the aeroplaney philistine that I am....

But

Isnt the image on the computer screen upside down? As if looking at the plane lying on its back ?

S

Looking at the Airfix image I can't see how it can be a low wing aircraft. The airfoil section looks like it's the right way up to generate lift and if the image is indeed inverted then the bomb looks like it's loaded on top of its hanger rather than under it.

Hi all to add to the conjecture, being a draughtsman myself, but no aircraft expert, the bomb bay is clearly below the wing spar, aerofoil profile confirms this in pic. So what ever aircraft it is has a wing in the top of the fuselage with the body hanging below. Had a quick look, possible candidates, most likely 1) Heinkel He 177, 2) Short stirling, 3) Dornier 17, 4) B-26, assuming its ww2.

regards chris ps hope it helps chaps

• Like 1

Sorry, I should of quantified my last post.

Unless Airfix are being clever and trying to chuck in a red-herring, doing a reverse-image search of the page on the right hand screen brings up this link - http://www.luftfahrt-archiv-hafner.de/dornier.htm - 1/3 of the way down the page shows a tiny thumbnail of the same page under the heading Do 17 Z, Waffen und Bordfunk

Yes, work is stressing my brain and I've been looking for suitable distractions! :bleh:

• Like 1

Unless Airfix are being clever and trying to chuck in a red-herring, doing a reverse-image search of the page on the right hand screen brings up this link - http://www.luftfahrt-archiv-hafner.de/dornier.htm - 1/3 of the way down the page shows a tiny thumbnail of the same page under the heading Do 17 Z, Waffen und Bordfunk

Yes, work is stressing my brain and I've been looking for suitable distractions! :bleh:

Nice find :)

That's fantastic! I know it's a bit off topic but how did you do the reverse image search?