Airfix Facebook Teasers

Richard M

There's steps in there, can't think of many WW2 bombers that need internal steps. It's a Sunderland!!

I think you'll find those are bomb racks

Does the B-17 (my first thought) carry its bombs with the fins facing forwards? Slightly odd. Look at the wing section, the trailing edge is to the left as is the nose of the bomb. Not enough bomb racks for a B-17 either, judging by the photograph.

• Like 1

Not to mention a bit fuzzy... intentionally, I might add. They deliberately focused on the chap at the keyboard so we don't get too much of a clue :)

Think the CAD images are 2 different aircraft. The photo seems to show a high wing bomber, which, for me, rules out the B17. Looking at photo's of the Dornier the bomb bay looks further aft so not that either. The photos seem to show the fins on the bombs facing in the right direction, still missing from the CAD model I presume. Possibly a B25 or B26 for me.

I don't think it is, look at post #9 http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234934139-revell-172-b-17f-memphis-belle-finished/

Two bomb racks and in the photo (left hand side) it doesn't look like there is enough room for a second?

Edited by Radleigh

Interesting! With a few exceptions (like the Mustang and the Sabre) Airfix have mainly focused on British and German subjects recently. A B-17 would be a first step into a wider field of new subjects. And a B-17 would surely find its customers like the Lancaster did - although both recently have been released by Revell.

However, I would rather see more British subjects. No ladders in the Shackleton...? :)

• Like 1

I did read that "the airfix people" had been measuring up a Shackleton in the midlands in one of the magazines.Then again they probably

will release 10+ new kits next year and a B17 would be a seller especially in the states.