Dassault Mirage 2000C

pigsty

My latest: Heller’s old 1/48 Mirage 2000C. This has had a fair bit of other stuff thrown at it. You can read about it in my separate hints and tips here: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234968266-heller-mirage-2000c-with-pavla-upgrades-hints-tips/ - but, to sum up, I’ve added a Pavla cockpit, Pavla control surfaces, Pavla wheels, a Master pitot probe, and an Eduard tank very kindly supplied by horrido109. The camouflage is the specific Mirage blue-greys from Xtracolor, brushed on as always, and the usual variety of this and that for the rest. I’ve drawn in the panel lines but done no weathering. So far as I can tell, apart from the centreline tank these things stay pretty clean - or at least they did back in 1991. Not like the two-seat attack variants. Markings are from the kit: EC 2/5 Ile de France, at Orange. The decals were twenty years old and most went on flawlessly with only a little help from Microsol and Klear. Apart from a slight register problem, I was very impressed. But can anyone spot where they went wrong?

P9280001.jpg

P9280002.jpg

P9280003.jpg

P9280004.jpg

P9280005.jpg

P9280006.jpg

P9280007.jpg

P9280008-1.jpg

• Like 17

did you by any chance invert the no walk sign(ne pas marcher)

Er. I followed the instructions. Which probably means they're the wrong way round, as the sign would make more sense if it could be read by someone standing on the wing ... that's it, isn't it?

Hi

The NE PAS MARCHER is the correct way round.

The inner ones could be poss be diffrent normaly it is like this NE PAS but having them the way you have them is all so ok

MARCHER

as i have seen them that way on a few very early a/c ie the 80s. but the above is the normal way they are laid out.

The outer ones are ok.

Normaly there is the a/c ser on the nose door ie 45 for this one that was what i spotted was missing.

I hope this all helps, nice build if you are at Telford and have no stand to put it on then we at the French Airforces SIG or the Mirage SIG

would love to have it on the stand for the w/e.

Paul

Phew, that's a relief. There was no door decal in the kit, which is another black mark for Heller, I suppose.

My problem was in fact in the red walkway decals around the airbrakes. Bits of them folded up irretrievably, so I had to paint the markings instead. Luckily, only for an inch or so. I wasn't expecting this, having previously applied much longer Aeromaster lines without the slightest hitch. In future I shall separate anything with an angle in it and apply it as straight sections.

Thank you for the offer of a berth, but she'll be on the Kent IPMS stand, celebrating the Mirage 2000's 30th aniversary. Do come over for a closer look at all the other faults.

Hi

Thats ok.

We throught about doing the 2000 30th but after doing the 50th Mirage in French use and 40th Mirarge F1 in the last few years we felt all theamed out so to speak, we shall go for the 40th for the 2000.

We shall pop over and have a look, our SIG's are in Hall 3 this year pop by and say hi.

Off to France next week hope to see a few 2000's over there, staying a night in Orange, wonder whats up the road ??, mind they do not like photos shall have to see what i can get with out getting locked up.

See ya Paul

Paul