Airfix Mk V Spit in 1:24

ModelMonkey

Hi peeps - apologies if this is not in the right place, long time lurker and not many posts!

Hobbycraft (at least the Aberdeen one) has the 1:24 Airfix Mk V Spitfire for £30. Great bargain but.....I'm much more keen on the Mk1.

Does anyone know if the current Mk V boxing also contains the original Mk 1 bits and Airfix have just appended them with Mk V sprues? Conscious I'd need to get a set of decals for a Mk1 but if it means I can get my mitts on a Mk 1 for £30 then I'm very tempted....and would naturally make all the Mk V bits available to anyone wanting to do the opposite to me! :winkgrin:

Thanks!

Paul

P.S. Or should I just get the Hurricane instead?!

Edited by ModelMonkey

Zoinks! After all this I went to get a Hurricane (also marked as £30) for my dad, got to the till and the lady said "£20 please." After a few seconds I realised I was staring at her, open mouthed, so I went back for one for myself!

Cheers Edgar, in what Mrs ModelMonkey would tell you was a typical reversal of decision I ended buying a Hurricane instead! Good to note though as I suspect I might end up with a Spit too...

• 2 weeks later...