1/350 Z25 Trumpeter

beefy66

OK so to much sunshine and Sangria over the last couple of months has made me lazy so to get some modelling mojo back will be doing this little build of the trumpeter Z25 Narvik Zerstorer hope I have spelled that right :banghead: so first up fit the decks to the full hull moulding and then get some base paint color on. I just went by eye when judging the width of the boot top

IMG_000420.JPG

IMG_000617.JPG

This model will be set in a water base so no need for the propellers and rudder to be fitted

Beefy

• Like 3

Thanks for the encouragement Gent,s the whole model is painted using Vallejo model air primer paints light grey, hull red, dark grey, black and satin varnish I have been using these paints on a few of my latest models and can highly recommend them for the airbrush users out there they cover well on plastic and PE and you do not have to waste to much time cleaning if you use Liquid reamer I get all my stuff from little cars when I,am at a show so I stock up they also have other colors in the range ( No I,am not sponsored by them if anybody asks :D )

Cheers Beefy

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Brian You have got to be kidding that is not a wand in my pocket and I do not look like Harry Potter there is no way this will be done for next week :banghead:

This is were I,am up to in the build so far while waiting for the PE railings for this I have made a start on the base using insulation foam a piece of scrap wood and PVA glue

IMG_00345.JPG

IMG_00354.JPG

IMG_00364.JPG

IMG_00422.JPG

IMG_00433.JPG

There give you a nice snug fit for the hull and the basic wave shapes are cut out and more PVA is used to seal the foam.

Beefy

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Update on the base wood sides have been cut to shape and glued in place then the first thin layer of silicone to start off the wave effect

IMG_001017.JPG

IMG_001212.JPG

Then with some rubber gloves on I start to work the silicone by dabbing at it and smoothing it over until I,am happy with the wave effect.

Beefy

• Like 1

Thanks for looking in Kev another update with some better photos added some of the kit PE aerials and funnel tops and started putting a couple of layers of Deluxe Materials making waves onto the base this stuff drys clear and hard over the top of the silicone so it gives you a nice deep shine to the water

IMG_002810.JPG

IMG_002610.JPG

Beefy

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

OK first attempt at doing 1/350 railings worked with PE before on amour models but this is my first with ships at this scale hope my hands stop shacking for the rest of them :banghead:

IMG_70033_zpsda035eca.jpg

Beefy

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Another small update adding some ladders and more of the armour and painting the bridge deck a wood color using oils.

IMG_0207_zps0e61a535.jpg?1417001577531&1

IMG_0211_zps063bd0a6.jpg

IMG_0210_zps259d6288.jpg

IMG_0209_zpscca0ce62.jpg

Think from the photos I have over done the port holes so will have to tidy those up a bit

Cheers Beefy

• Like 6