Airfix 1/72 Mk.IB Typhoon (new tool version) - MN526/TP-V France - July 1944. B&W photos added including one from The Sarge!

PlaStix

Thank you S48. I'm hoping to get some black and white versions of a few of the photos sorted this weekend. The couple I've tried look quite atmospheric.

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi Eric. Thank you for your kind comments.

(Don't tell anyone, because they might think it's a bit odd, but I sometimes made my own sounds when I was making it) :mental:

Hi,

I'm definitely at a loss for words as to how good this is. How did you do the firing rockets, if I may ask?

Hi Andrew. Thank you for your very kind comments. The rocket smoke trails are made from standard pipe cleaners but I sprayed them with hairspray and then pulled my fingers down the length to get the bristles(?) to go in one direction backwards. Then I added a bit of yellow and red acrylic paint almost dry-brushed at the front. I used a small drill to carefully drill in between the fins at the back of the rocket so that it looked a bit more natural and gave more area for the CA glue to adhere to. The photo below might show it a little better than I can explain it!:

15241469980_24538a59c6_c.jpg

Not shown in the photo is the small amount of cotton wool that I used under and behind the wing, that I teased out until it looked quite fine and the whole lot is held to the rocket rails with CA glue again.

Seriously Stix I commented before but this is really great work.

More power to you my friend

Thank you again Winenut - you really are too kind. I thoroughly enjoyed building all aspects of it - I think partly because I was trying a lot of new things in one project. Lucky for me they seem to work out reasonably well!

Kind regards,

Stix

Edited by PlaStix
  • Like 2

Hi mosschopps and 85sqn. Thank you very much for your kind comments.

Crikey, don't fire till you see the whites of their eyes!

Quite right!!

Hi Eric. Thank you for your kind comments.

(Don't tell anyone, because they might think it's a bit odd, but I sometimes made my own sounds when I was making it) :mental:

Don't assume you are the only one with this affliction :)

• Like 1

Hi Tom, Fea, TE and Attu. Thank you for your kind comments. I'm glad people seem to like it!

Don't assume you are the only one with this affliction :)

That is good news.............. I think!!
  • Like 1

A while ago I mentioned I'd redo a few of the photos of all my D-Day builds in black and white but it's taken me until today to get them sorted:

15469092261_0f9e2a0dc0_c.jpg

15468974141_e1e49699ff_c.jpg

15285352719_b1ae82d96f_c.jpg

Kind regards,

Stix