1/72 - Avia B-534 by Eduard - released - canopy sets by Stransky Kits

Homebee

Eduard is to release (rebox?) a 1/72nd Avia B-534 kit - ref.

Source: http://www.detailscaleview.com/2014/09/new-eduard-148-ssw-diii-8256-and-other.html

_MG_3368.JPG

The last one, but not the least, is Royal Class 1/72 Avia B-534. I wonder what bonuses will be inside, but we can guess from the picture that kit will feature 10 marking options.

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee

Wrong scale for my taste, but I wish Eduard well with it and hope it sells - a much underrated, beautiful and historically significant aeroplane.

Looks like it will be a III serie and a IV serie in the box, and interesting to see that some of the side profiles show the later, retro-fitted "bubble-top" canopy on a couple of the III serie options.

Now could we please have something similar in 1:48 or 1:32 Mr Sulc? At least please do a bubble-top canopy to fit the 1:48 III-serie kit which is still in my loft awaiting building. Thanks.

Edited by MikeC

(...)Now could we please have something similar in 1:48 (...) Mr Sulc? At least please do a bubble-top canopy to fit the 1:48 III-serie kit which is still in my loft awaiting building. Thanks.

genielampe.gifeduard_b534_weekend-boxtop.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

this is definitely not going to be a rebox, but a scaled down version of their 1/48.

RS Model kit is very decent, especially with the Brengun photoetch, but it's still a shortrun and has its minor issues.

I am looking forward to a new mainstream kit.

Btw don't expect any other versions than basic III and IV - I remember Mr. Sulc said somewhere that they don't plan anything else.

Even the most ordinary versions are already almost too exotic for a mainstream kit :)

Eduard already do a 1/48 Avia B-534 III and IV.

By bubbletop do you mean the "closed" canopy ??

I'm quite aware that Eduard do them in 1:48, thanks, and very nice kits they are too, I still have one of each in my stash and a couple built. But what I'm asking for is the closed clear-all-round-view canopy that was retrofitted to some III serie a/c, and this is not included in any 1:48 III serie boxing as far as I'm aware.

Edited by MikeC

Btw don't expect any other versions than basic III and IV - I remember Mr. Sulc said somewhere that they don't plan anything else.

Even the most ordinary versions are already almost too exotic for a mainstream kit :)

Useful info, thanks, even if not quite what I'd hoped to hear. The III is the nicest looking biplane ever imo.

On the o,e hand it's a great news. Eduard mentioned Avia 534 a few years ago (4-5). But I would rather see Spitfire Mk.IX. But I think that I have to more patient and wait a bit (a hudge bit)longer. Unless Tamiya release theirs. But I'll buy at least one Avia...or maybe two - one wit open cockpit and one with closed.

• 1 month later...

Don't worry, Spitfire in small scale is too near.... But now is time for much more patriotic Royal Class :). Spitfire may be released too as Our guys are back (as you can see in 1/48 scale.) Small "pětistovka" (Five-hundred- nickname of Avia) looks very good :)