1/72 - Beriev Be-6 "Madge" by Trumpeter - released - Constanza resin detailing set

Homebee

A test build from the future Trumpeter 1/72nd Beriev Be-6 "Madge" - ref.01646 - was on display at the All Japan Model & Hobby Show 2014.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/519867854709332/photos/a.934505229912257.1073741856.519867854709332/934513623244751/?type=3&theater

102767-11991-42.jpg

1902764_934513623244751_3100984985374281

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 4

Hey look! Actual physical evidence of the long ago announced Trumpy BE6! Wonder if the MiG19 Might really turn up too?

Paul Harrison

I notice there are two DH Hornets by Trumpeter (1/48?) in the facebook pics

Not two but three... http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234953190-148-de-havilland-dh103-hornet-f13-sea-hornet-nf21-kits-by-trumpeter-test-build-f1-release-november-2014/?p=1748037

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

Wow, what an Age to be alive! A new-mould Be-6 and a new Be-12! Now if only someone would do the Be-10 (only Ken [Flankerman] would know this interesting aeroplane). Good idea about the turboprop Chinese version, Ken.

Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang

Wow, what an Age to be alive! A new-mould Be-6 and a new Be-12! Now if only someone would do the Be-10 (only Ken [Flankerman] would know this interesting aeroplane). Good idea about the turboprop Chinese version, Ken.

Regards,

Jason

The Be-10 would be most welcome but maybe that won't be a kit we'll see for a long time..!

• Like 1

I'm afraid you're correct about that, Radleigh. There was a vacuformed kit, that Ken of course built, but that's the only one I can remember. Still I shouldn't be too greedy - a "Madge" and "Mail" in the same year (2015?)! Woo-hoo!

Regards,

Jason

I'm still waiting for a kit of the Beriev Be-40/A-42 'Mermaid'....

day_01_083.jpg

day_01_084.jpg

It has to be the most elegant flying boat ever made.

I've got my walkrounds at the ready.............

Ken

PS - Don't forget the Beriev Be-200 from Amodel....

Funny how the Be-40, which has never entered service, got a reporting name - but the Be-200 which is in service, never did.

• Like 2

Typical, just started chopping up my old VEB !

Jason, a Be-10 would indeed be welcome,(Come on Modelsvit!), though I did hear that a 1/144th one was due, the Deka vac is hard to come by......not fussed if it's a Be-6, 8, 10 or 12 they're all welcome though I agree with Ken, a Be-40 would be especially nice ..

• Like 3

Have to disagree there, old bean! I think with the gull-wings and the twin tails it's quite fetching (certainly no worse than the Mariner or Marlin), but then again I am rather fond of Soviet aeroplanes.

Regards,

Jason

• Like 3

Will members please stop posting inappropriate links. This a family friendly site and younger members, plus children of members may click on the links. I've had to edit two posts in this thread already.

Typical, just started chopping up my old VEB !

Jason, a Be-10 would indeed be welcome,(Come on Modelsvit!), though I did hear that a 1/144th one was due, the Deka vac is hard to come by......not fussed if it's a Be-6, 8, 10 or 12 they're all welcome though I agree with Ken, a Be-40 would be especially nice ..

I got a Veb one a few months back too coz Trumpy were taking so long! I'd love to have a Be10 and Be40 kit come out, the Mermaid is a beaut. Often wonder why they didn't do a civil Be 40 instead of the smaller Be200.

Paul Harrison

Often wonder why they didn't do a civil Be 40 instead of the smaller Be200.

They did - or at least they proposed one.

According to my "Big Boys Book of Beriev's", in 1994 they proposed the A-40P for 105 passengers - and the A-40PM powered by CFM56 engines carrying 121 passengers.

There were also SAR variants - and one to refuel submarines at sea.

I photographed this proposed propfan varaint at Gelendzhik in 2006.....

day_01_068.jpg

Sadly the Be-42 came along at the wrong time - during the breakup of the SU - so there was no money around to capitalise on the design - it was even offered to the RAF as a Nimrod replacement - and appeared at RIAT in 1996.

Similar versions of the Be-200 have been proposed - ASW, SAR, Passenger etc - but so far no takeup.

Here's a size comparison between the Be-42 and Be-200......

day_01_090.jpg

Ken

• Like 2

Great pics Ken! Thanks for the info too, love those contra-rotating prop fans.

Paul Harrison

• 2 months later...