Dominie-half naked

Ossington 2

• 2 months later...

Thanks for posting these pics and thanks to everybody a Newark for taking the trouble to preserve a Dominie and putting it under cover, especially one wearing the old red white and grey trainer colours.

Cheers

Tony

Thank you for the kind words, here at NAM we're very grateful for the generosity of the two museum members that offered to purchase the airframe and then place it on long-term loan with the museum. Work continues with re-panelling the airframe, which looks really at home inside Display Hangar 2. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Thanks for posting these pics and thanks to everybody a Newark for taking the trouble to preserve a Dominie and putting it under cover, especially one wearing the old red white and grey trainer colours.

Cheers

Tony

Not only that, but 'T' is one of the few surviving pre-DAU aircraft (Dominie Avionics Upgrade).

I have a special place in my heart for her since she is the jet I did my first Dominie 'solo' on.

It is a bit green. Everetts store many of their airframes in their garden. Mind you, it is a Manor house with many acres of landscaped garden. The Dominie was parked under some trees.

I've only visited once. But a unique and almost surreal setting to find airframes that you remember seeing flying.

Well done to Newark and its generous members for acquiring a "less sexy" type. You just need a Hawk now guys.