CGVRA has left....

Paul J

I felt strangely emotional watching Flightradar24 as Vera made her way up the east coast then out over the Atlantic. I emailed CWHM to say thanks for sending Vera over (and had a very nice response).

I see in a Lincolnshire newspaper on the Web that the museum has let it be known they were (a) thrilled at the welcome the Lancaster and crew received in the UK, and (B) the CWHM let it be known that they'd had to alter their website to accept British pounds being offered to help raise the money. I merely mention it! The CWHM website (last update 21 September) thanks both Andrew Panton and the BBMF for offering to lend an engine but only refers to "significant costs" - no actual sum.

It's hard to believe the tour is all over. I'm so pleased I saw the two Lancaster flying together (at Duxford)

1st heard her with the BBMF going over Chiddingston Causeway and an hour or so later returning. Just amazing, sitting listening to 'family stuff' and slowly becoming aware that the noise in the air is a Merlin, then lots of Merlin's and then lots and lots of Merlin's. I bolted for the door and stood there with tears in my eyes.

2nd ditto as above the following day.

3rd The Shuttleworth Prom. Our one day, (evening) off from dealing with 'family stuff'. just booked tickets and went to get away from it all. Did not realize that they would be there. Magnificent! Flypast with wide bank, followed by flypast, repeated over and over. It was dull, but on one bank the sun came out and illuminated both Lancs. They glowed.

They flew to the Dambusters March, amazing. It was only later, in the second half of the prom when Nimrod was being aired, that a thought hit me; perhaps they should have played Nimrod earlier, to remember the 54,000+ of Bomber Command who did not return. This is not a complaint, or winge, just a personal observation.

An awful summer made briefly golden by 8 Merlin's flying in two close formation groups.

Christian

Thats right. About half way from Iceland and the east Coast of Canada. A cheque was awarded for just over 10kdollars Canadian, from monies raised, just before departure.

At Goose Bay and then onward to Gatineau for another night stop before heading on to Hamilton for Sunday arrival as scheduled.

EDIT: Currently on route to Gatinaeu as just seen live on FR24(our time 21:00)

According to the CWHM website - http://www.warplane.com/%C2'> (and Twitter links there) CGVRA is home safe & in their Hangar.

Well done to the crew and of course the airframe!

What's happening to the faulty Packard-Merlin - does anyone know? I believe she still has the BMF's engine fitted.

• Like 1