A General GB Suggestion

SleeperService

Hi All

With the timetable for GBs running so far ahead... All Praise to Mish for keeping it in order :worthy: could I suggest that Hosts send a reminder a couple of weeks before the GB start to the members who signed up?

I'd think that it would help people get in the mood so to speak and give them time to sort themselves out a bit before the start.

What do you think?

• Like 1

Agreed. I've had to pull out of one and not had much time to add to another with other things going on outside of modelling that got in the way. But some advance notice would be appreciated much for the reasons suggested above.

I think it's a good idea, but if you're not a gold member I believe you are limited to how many people you can message, a gold member gets more I believe.

Also if a GB is very popular would it be fair to expect a host to PM members when they can only PM a few at a time?

Just trying to put across both sides of the coin.

• Like 1

My personal thoughts; I think it should be and can be done, by the GB leaders/hosts. I do it, when necessary, on other modelling forums when I'm a GB leader. The GB leader/host has usually been the one to encourage the growth of the participants list after making the initial suggestion. To advise everyone that the GB is coming up is just part of that.

Usually there are two Hosts on a GB here. They could split the list, [i've never seen a list longer than 60 names] So, thirty each. A PM to five or six names at a time over a week or ten days by one host soon covers that.

The PM need only be a copy and paste of; "Hi, The xyz GB you were interested in starts on the 32nd Julember. Hope you are ready and have your model chosen. Watch out for the threads for it [or here are the threads for it] Regards A. M. Oddler"

The person who has become the main host and his/her helper have encouraged others to join the GB and to get it through the voting to the point where it has a defined date; its in a positive spirit they continue to encourage those who signed up initially to actually take part by reminding them that its about to start.

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies for sounding dense but how do you become a Gold member?

One makes a donation to the running costs of this forum. If you tell the moderator your code name he/she will put a gold bar under your wee picture.

Go to the forum front page, and on the right you will see 'Donate' at the top of a column.

• Like 1

One makes a donation to the running costs of this forum. If you tell the moderator your code name he/she will put a gold bar under your wee picture.

Go to the forum front page, and on the right you will see 'Donate' at the top of a column.

OK - Thank you :)