A7V

cjhm

Another one for my WW1 1/72 tank collection

This is the Ehmar A7V, Tamiya grey with Mig washes and Humbrol weathering powders. White stains are my incompetent varnishing skills.

Hope you enjoy

a7v1.jpg

a7v3.jpg

a7v4.jpg

a7v5.jpg

a7v6.jpg

a7v7.jpg

a7v8.jpg

a7v9.jpg

a7v10.jpg

• Like 7

Got one on the bench right now. If those are the kit decals, that's very encouraging - looks like they went down beautifully.

If you painted the markings, daaaang! :worthy:

They are the kit decals, they were very brittle and cellophane like but lots of Mr softener did the trick to make them settle down over a gloss coat. Definitely not in my skill range to hand paint!

That's a glorious lump of a tank.

The varnish marks don't look too bad - they're in the right sort of places for dust - but you may find that gloss and then a different matt will fix them. I think the gloss soaks up the matting agent? At least it's worked for me in the past...

Will

Try a wash of black artists' oil over the stains. I find it can hide a multitude of sins.

Well done on the decals!

Also, I love the 917K on your logo. My favourite car.

The planes are among my favourites too. I was at the Prestwick airshow when the Navy's 123 Sea Fury had to ditch in the sea due to undercarriage failure - very sad but at least the pilot was ok. I did a cadet camp at Scampton in '64. Watching the Vulcans taking off was memorable.

Ah! Nostalgia! Five Airfix kits for a pound. Good days.

Mac