A4-G Skyhawk

abat

Just finished a few weeks back, my RAN A4-G Skyhawk. I'm a slow modeller and only finish a few kits a year but I eventually get there. This Skyhawk is from HMAS Melbourne and is no.5 in my quest to build a near complete fleet of 1/72 scale RAN aircraft (below).

A short build thread can be found here:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234957298-a4-g-skyhawk/

20140921_EM1_9210679-XL.jpg

20140921_EM1_9210682-XL.jpg

20140921_EM1_9210684-XL.jpg

20140921_EM1_9210700-Edit-XL.jpg

• Like 26

Really nice A4G and nice RAN aircraft collection :thumbsup:

My Wife's Grandfather was in the original crew to ferry the Melbourne from the UK to Aussie, and served on her for a time, so its always nice to see modelling associated with HMAS Melbourne.

And as mentioned in your WIP A4G - N13 154904 was on sold to the RNZAF to become NZ6212, so a cool build on these two accounts :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing your build photos

Regards

Alan

Just lovely

Now for a Sea Venom

Thanks Graham. Yes, I' keen to do a venom. I have a cyber hobby kit in my stash but I read the CMR one is much more authentic.

My Wife's Grandfather was in the original crew to ferry the Melbourne from the UK to Aussie, and served on her for a time

Alan

Hi Alan, no doubt he knew my father - he was on the same voyage and served in Melbourne up until after the Voyager collision. Thanks for your comments. Small world.

Very nice indeed, I do like the Scooter and the Oz scheme shows it off well. I do like your Wessex 31 too. Congratualtions and thanks for the pics.

Colin

Thank you Colin. It's a lovely aircraft. Tragic they were sold off prematurely. Next to be finished will be a Bristol Sycamore which might also interest you. I'm trying to decide whether to fold the rotors. My display space is limited. Andrew.

Very nice work there - love the subject and great collection of RAN aircraft!

PS I was going to say the light grey on the A-4G looks a bit off to me - but thankfully I see it was just the lighting conditions in the photo - as the light grey looks spot on in the link to the build! So well done!

PS I was going to say the light grey on the A-4G looks a bit off to me - but thankfully I see it was just the lighting conditions in the photo - as the light grey looks spot on in the link to the build! So well done!

Thank you. The camera white balance plays havoc with the colours. I note the twin seater at HMAS Albatross museum actually looks a bit bluer in real life than my paint choice but again the inside lighting may affect that too. I'm happy for now. Cheers

Nice one abat, :thumbsup:

I checked your build thread for the colours you used. I have 1/32 version to do as a commision build. I will see how the colours you used compared to what the decals suggest. I know there has been a lot of debate regarding the greys in this scheme

Place it in the rubbish bin and nail the lid shut so the abomination cant get out!

Nice Scooter.

You tell it like it is Danni! Great looking model, I think the RAN Scooters are best looking of them all. I love the RAN line up as well.

Martin

You tell it like it is Danni! Great looking model, I think the RAN Scooters are best looking of them all. I love the RAN line up as well.

Martin

Thanks Martin, Im more than inspired by your double build thread. I've a 1/48 tracker and Wessex in my stash too but no nailing needed on those kits. Cheers.

Hi Uncle Dick, I'm not quite sure what the truth here is but this is a photo of a TA-4G from the HMAS Albatross museum that I took after painting my scooter. I had an 18% grey card with me so the white balance (and hence colour) should be quite accurate. The light grey is a lot, lot bluer than I'd anticipated. Food for thought. Andrew

20140426_EM5_260101-L.jpg