Hobbyboss T-35 Heavy Tank

Shar2

Bought this recently direct from China and went pretty much straight onto the modelling table. The kit just fell together with the majority of it done one Sunday afternoon. A couple of hours on a weekday evening saw most of the etch fitted. SO this is how she stands with only a few items such as the pioneer tools and several handles to be attached. All the turrets and wheel assemblies aren't glued into place yet to allow for an easier paint job. I will be setting the tank into a diorama which is still in the planning stage so don't expect lots of quick updates. :D

IMG_1931.jpg

IMG_1932.jpg

• Like 4

Just in case anyone wonders about the size of this beasty, here she is against the almost complete Academy King Tiger.

IMG_1979.jpg

IMG_1980.jpg

Here she is deconstructed, ready for priming and paint.

IMG_1981.jpg

• Like 2

The aerial just needed a bit of fettling where it was attached to the sprues, The just glue a pad at a time. The plastic is quite soft so you do have to be a bit careful when using the scalpel and sanding block to tidy things up.

• Like 1

Hi Dave

I'm a big fan of these multi-turreted oddities, I have the Amusing Hobby Neubaufahrzeug and the Meng Char 2c. This looks amazing and a very tidy job IMHO.

One can only hope we get someone to produce the Vickers A1E1 Independent in plastic, the Accurate Armour resin kit looks good but the price makes my eyes water.

Simon

Looks like it's coming along well. Interesting all the iterations that various nations went through in the interwar period when experimenting with new tank concepts.

There appears to be a star cast into the top of the turret? Bit retro innit? Reminds me of the old kits that had the outlines of markings as raised detail!

J.

Steve Zaloga did an article around the ICM/Alanger version of the T-35 in Military Modelling magazine a few years ago, and I think the star was definitely a feature.

Although the T-28 & T-35 went into series production, these vehicles were primarily a propaganda exercise. So the big Soviet Star on the roof would seem quite reasonable in this context.

Although I'm concentrating on modern stuff these days, this beast is top of my Telford shopping list.

Simon

Looking good.

I built the ICM version c.20 years ago and the parts were coated with what appeared to be axle grease!

I bought their T25 at the same time and that kit, also rather greasy, lives, unloved, way down the stash.

Chris

Cheers Andy, it is rather. In fact it was called a land battleship at one point. Hopefully I'll get some time to do some more to it over the next weekend. Just needs priming then paint, then to think about the diorama base.

Although most battleships could muster rather more armour plate.....All of these land-battleships were notoriously light on armour compared to equivalent sized conventional designs as they had to carry the weight of all those turret mechanisms. The T-35 only had between 15-20mm on the hull sides and was extremely vulnerable to Anit Tank Rifles. :nerd:

• 5 weeks later...

Finally got round to getting some paint on this thing, due to life and illness getting in the way. Also managed to finish fitting one set of tracks this evening. Still lots of detail work to do, not to mention the other track.

IMG_2601.JPG

IMG_2602.JPG

IMG_2603.JPG

IMG_2604.JPG

• Like 2