Eduard 'Zoom' Photo Etch set for Airfix Hurricane Mk.I - 1:72 Eduard

Eduard 'Zoom' Photo Etch set for Airfix Hurricane Mk.I

1:72 Eduard

hurri_1.jpg

Airfix's Hurricane Mk.I was one of the last of the new-tool kits announced for 2013 to be released. The kit depicts the early fabric-winged aircraft and has been released in a couple of different boxings covering different iterations of the early airframe. Now Eduard have released a set of photo etched details to complement the kit, and we have received the 'zoom' version for review.

hurri_2.jpg

The set is comprised of a single, pre-painted, self-adhesive fret. Unlike their earlier (and much simpler) Mk.II, the new Mk.I features a fair amount of interior detail, so Eduard have had to take a different approach with this set. Amongst the goodies on the fret is a pre-painted, multi-layered instrument panel complete with compass, as well as pre-painted panels for the fuselage sidewalls complete with a map pocket, throttle lever and other small details. Rudder pedals and a full set of harnesses for the pilots seat are also included. Outside the cockpit, there are parts for detailing the radiator, oil cooler, landing gear and canopy.

Conclusion

Whilst this isnt as comprehensive as a two-fret set, the amount of extra detail provided is pretty good. The cockpit in particular should come up a treat, so it's just as well that the Airfix kit has a two-part canopy. Recommended.

bin.jpg

Review sample courtesy of logo.gif