FRADU Two seater

Arie

Sort-of-recently finished Olimp/Pro Resin's 1/72 Hawker Hunter T.8C about two months ago before heading to the Outback on exercise & haven't had a chance to post. In any case, the Hunter was my first attempt at an all-resin kit & was a real delight to build! The decals are a mix of Pro-Resin's sheet and the Xtradecal Hunter two-seater sheet...both were fantastic & worked like a dream.

My only quibble with the all-resin approach was the undercarriage, which is worryingly wobbly--I picked up two of these kits for a tenner & am planning to finish the second as a late RAF bird, but use Scale Aircraft Conversion's white-metal undercarriage for peace of mind. Anyway, here she is...hope you enjoy--critique welcome.

15240333266_7fa3186963_b.jpg1.72 Hawker Hunter T.8C by Arie.C, on Flickr

15240333266_7fa3186963_b.jpg1.72 Hawker Hunter T.8C by Arie.C, on Flickr

And if you're interested...some pics I snapped during exercises Pitch Black & Tri-Sling in Oz...cheers!

www.flickr.com/photos/24302898@N08/sets/72157646236209052/

www.flickr.com/photos/24302898@N08/sets/72157646801429539/

• Like 15

Excellent job Arie. Are you remembering to add a pitot probe to the wingtip? The paint finish and weathering is great. Hope you share a few more photos of this one.

Excellent job Arie. Are you remembering to add a pitot probe to the wingtip? The paint finish and weathering is great. Hope you share a few more photos of this one.

That is a very fine looking model. I can recommend the Master turned brass pitot tube for the Hunter, it adds to the kit and doesn't cost a lot.

Duncan B

Good catch on the pitot gents & thanks for the tip on the brass...the resin probe isn't the greatest...

Col., your own T.8 is an amazing piece of work--can't wait to see it finished!

Thanks all for the kind words

Cheers,

A. C.

Edited by Arie

No critique needed,...thats a real beaut!!! Great scheme, lovely paintwork and top subject matter! Great pics of the exercise too,....are you in the RAAF?

Cheers

Tony

No critique needed,...thats a real beaut!!! Great scheme, lovely paintwork and top subject matter! Great pics of the exercise too,....are you in the RAAF?

Cheers

Tony

I'm USAF/ANG (crewchief on 'sixteens)... I can't say enough about the RAAF chaps though, truly a great bunch to work with...

Cheers.

Arie

A real beauty well done where did you get 2 of those for a tenner

Glenn.

Managed to get the pair at an IPMS show in Virginia, USA...the explanation was that training types weren't in high demand...I wasn't one to complain!