UH-60 Black Hawk 'Night Raid' (Italeri 1:72)

wimbledon99

So here I am doing this for fun and I'm commissioned twice in the same night. First my nephew says "Can you build me a Tiger tank please Uncle Nigel". The my son says "If he's having a tank, can I have a Black Hawk please Dad". They do qualify as commissions, don't they? :whistle:

Either way, here's the start of the Black Hawk. I'll be running this in parallel to the Tiger.

IMG_0157_zps38aa4104.jpg

IMG_0149_zps39531b00.jpg

IMG_0148_zps6606bd70.jpg

IMG_0153_zps678d78e5.jpg

Edited by wimbledon99
  • Like 2

I don't give up often but I have to remember this is a hobby and meant to be relaxing. From the above stage onwards almost nothing fits :wall: but I'm not going to stress. I will simply start again with a 1:48 kit and pray that it's a better mould :whistle:

Are you saying this kit is a pig?!!! Surprising for Italeri, but it has been seen beforehand!!!

So are you just trashing it? If yes, what a pity.

We'll wait for the 1/48 version!

Cheers

JR

I don't give up often but I have to remember this is a hobby and meant to be relaxing. From the above stage onwards almost nothing fits :wall: but I'm not going to stress. I will simply start again with a 1:48 kit and pray that it's a better mould :whistle:

I gave up on the seahawk for the same reason ;-(

Rodders

Hi All,

I'll give it a tad more time and coat of paint but no more (off record).

Honestly, the fit is terrible. Not a thing I like to be saying but I'd hate for anyone else to suffer the same disappointment.

Cheers.

• 4 years later...
  • 8 months later...

Wow,

I too have the "Desert Hawk" version and will just use what I can on the Hasegawa kit.  Sorry to see this from Italeri, they were once the very best in 1/72nd helo models (OK, maybe that UH-1N nose was offensive!), both in subjects and accuracy.  I hope they come back from this!

WARDOG

Edited by WARDOG
Corrections