Hobby boss lynx HAS3

I bought a hobbyboss lynx on Britmodeller and have just got around to building it.

Hobbyboss missed a great opportunity to build a Lynx with the aid of CAD but it has turned out to be a bit of a challenge to get it near right. I am nowhere near the helicopter modeller that Lynx 7 and Perdu are but I gave it a go and here it is. The faults of the kit are well documented and I wont go over them again but in building it I have used

The Rotor head and blades from an airfix kit (car boot 50p badly started) Why on a kit that is more expensive than the airfix one would you leave off the control arms on the rotor head??? I wish I had noticed that the front doors didn't have the bulged windows I could have used the airfix ones instead. I also used the nose of a Fujimi kit I had from years ago that didn't have any transparencies in.

Normal proviso best seen from 5ft Away

Rodders

ice1.JPG##

ice2.JPG

ice3.JPG

ice4.JPG

ice5.JPG

• Like 5

I am no helicopter boffin either, but your Lynx really looks like a Lynx should look in my eyes.

And the paint job looks spotless.

Very impressive!

JR

• Like 1

That looks supa dupa to me rodders, funnily enough I've got the Hobbyboss and Airfix kits and I plan to do the same cross kitting. Intake guards look very good.

I tried to use the airfix nose but it wasn't a near enough fit so used the fujumi one instead. Intake guards are just painted kit parts nothing done to the as you would see if I had had the camera set on macro :winkgrin:

Rodders

That Lynx is a thing of beauty Rodders

Lynx is one I never got 'feeling' right

You cracked it, love the colour scheme too

top plane mate

'

(Oh yes, I never put me anywhere near Lynx7s level, that chap like so many hereabouts, you included, is an artist)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...