Panzer IV F2 Afrika

Carius

Hi all, again I don´t remember if I had already put this kit in the topic :banghead: Sorry if I did posted this topic before.

This project is about a Panzer IV, Afrika Korps. It is an old Dragon kit with many details: engine and compartment set from Verlinden Productions with additional scratch built parts, Model Kasten tracks, gun from Jordi Rubio, some etched details and improvements, additions from spares box. Humbrol enamels. Heavy weathering.

Photos:

IMG_5576.jpg

IMG_5578.jpg

IMG_5577.jpg

IMG_5579.jpg

That's all...

• Like 7

Another cracking DAK tank - there seem to be some good ones on here at the moment.

Can I ask which particular kit that is, and is it any good out of the box? I know Dragon have done a F1 version recently, but I would like to do a long barreled Mark IV F2/G. Just so I could have a go at a heavily weathered desert scheme.

Ian

Another cracking DAK tank - there seem to be some good ones on here at the moment.

Can I ask which particular kit that is, and is it any good out of the box? I know Dragon have done a F1 version recently, but I would like to do a long barreled Mark IV F2/G. Just so I could have a go at a heavily weathered desert scheme.

Ian

Ian, this is a old Dragon 9019 Panzer IV Ausf. F2 - imperial series - released in 1996. When it was released was one of the best on the market, but by current standards become outdated.

Well, overall, It is a good kit but improvements are necessary. I change the drive sprockets and links, crew hatches, gun tube, some tools, and others small details.

Today, Dragon 6360 is an excellent kit of the Ausf. F2/G.

Many thanks,

Cheers

Ian, this is a old Dragon 9019 Panzer IV Ausf. F2 - imperial series - released in 1996. When it was released was one of the best on the market, but by current standards become outdated.

Well, overall, It is a good kit but improvements are necessary. I change the drive sprockets and links, crew hatches, gun tube, some tools, and others small details.

Today, Dragon 6360 is an excellent kit of the Ausf. F2/G.

Many thanks,

Cheers

Thank you. I've just checked out 6360. Looks like a good bet, although I'm not that wild about individual track links...

Another good build Carius. Brilliant detail with the tools. weathering is spot on and you have a good knowledge of your subject which comes out with the finished product. Always good to see your builds Carius.

My friend Fred, I thank your kind words.

Cheers