Arnhem Anniversary- Short Stirling A.Mk.IV- New Italeri Kit

tonyot

Not sure how I've missed a comment on this before, a superb bit of modelling Tony & a wonderful & very apt history lesson for me right now as I'm reading "Victory" by Max Lambert, the third in a trilogy about Kiwis in the RAF in WW2, the earlier ones being "Night After Night", NZers in Bomber Command, heart wrenching reading & "Day After Day, NZers in Fighter command, not quite as tough as the bomber volume but still very thought provoking. I'm currently at the chapter in "Victory" which deals with Market Garden, a surprising ( or not:unsure:) number of Kiwis involved, by far the biggest chapter in the book & for me, for all that I've read about it in the past, it has really brought home what a cock up by the planners Market garden was & what a terrible time of it the RAF supply crews had, not to mention the Paras on the ground Thanks for this wonderful tribute to them all.

Steve.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Gosh I didn`t expect this one to come back again,.....cheers Rob, glad you like it mate! You know you want one,......especially as the Stirling Mk.IV`s had some of the best nose art in the entire RAF!

• Like 1

Gosh I didn`t expect this one to come back again,.....cheers Rob, glad you like it mate! You know you want one,......especially as the Stirling Mk.IV`s had some of the best nose art in the entire RAF!

Oh I don't get this unwritten rule that old threads should not be commented on. Why not it's still valid.

Your right on both accounts I want one and the nose art is very cool. I love the invasion markings too. I would have to get a Horsa as well :)

• Like 1

Tony, this is a great model, what a beautiful finish.

I was so frustrated with wide and soft panel lines of Sunderland and Stirling, otherwise I would have build them both, but you achieved great results.

Only Airfix may come up with these large planes sometime in near future but I don't think their panels lines would be any better...

Best regards

Omer ERKMEN

• Like 1