1/48 - BAC/Sud-Aviation Concorde 101/102 resin kit by HpH - released

Homebee

Sh***. I am in deep trouble.

Can someone please tell me how inaccurate and awful this kit is? Pleeeaaase!!!!

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Ok detail in the wheel wells look a bit sparse - same for the top of the nose under the visor. No cabin windows in this scale?

Do not get me wrong - I am just trying to keep me from buying highly expensive loft insulation...

Rene

Im with you, Yep the windows on Concorde are small but it would have to be a damn good decal for that scale, also how about the flight deck and visor? These look solid too and there is alot of parts on the 1:1 Iin this area Id like to add, in this scale you want to have/ add these details. Impresive non the less, would I have one? Well I wouldnt say no! Could do with a new coffee table!

• Like 1

If you have ever been close to a Concorde you will know decals for windown even in 48th will be ok.

The windows are so small you cannot see in.

I think the only issue will be a color which gives a good effect.

The detail on the fuselage looks brilliant.

Count me in for one!

Does not appear to have any interior at all, nought even a cockpit. For $500, I'd expect a bit more, I'm afraid - especially after looking at their Catalina & other efforts... is this even the same team? Wait, are those control yokes?

Perhaps the pix are not all inclusive, but if not, why post an incomplete presentation?

Regards,

Robert

I see instrument panels and visor internal details. So I assume cockpit windows can be cut openh

Yep, HpH put a thin resin cake over openings, which can be gently and easily pushed out - I assume it aids the moulding process. I also have their German 1/32 ship catapult which is beyond excellent.

The tube in the images lead me to think that will be the passenger cabin.

Marty...

Edited by marty_hopkirk

I think you're overstating the potential production run for a 1/48 Concorde. The real aircraft was an expensive white elephant that didn't sell, and this kit is likely to recreate that aspect as well.

HpH are indeed a manufacturer with a very small production; so too were MPM/Special Hobby, Eduard and Mini Art, but by producing items that would sell in reasonable numbers they have all grown and have entered the mainstream. Frankly, HpH do not appear to be showing any kind of commercial logic; yes, their name is being mentioned, but is it for the right reasons?

There is a lengthy thread running about whether or not Airfix are likely to release a Shackleton; now, the difference there is that even if they don't, we know that they will bring out kits that many of us will want and, more importantly, be in a position to obtain. I just don't see HpH doing that, and maybe they don't. Maybe all they want to do is to bring out big, niche vanity projects, but they'll never grow their business by doing that, and any business, be it a market florist or a multi-national, has to do that to survive.

Put it another way, how many 1/48 Concordes are we likely to see on club tables over the next three or four years?

T7 have you ever bought a HpH kit, just curious? There were some questioning the sales potentional of the IL-28, yet it on it's 3rd production run.

Marty...

In the resin parts photos, there's four crew seats and an IP - so clearly you can open up the cockpit windows.

Wow, that's awfully tempting - but where on earth would I display it?! The Airfix 1/72 is going to be hard to display, but this...!

Edited by Paul Bradley

In the resin parts photos, there's four crew seats and an IP - so clearly you can open up the cockpit windows.

Wow, that's awfully tempting - but where on earth would I display it?! The Airfix 1/72 is going to be hard to display, but this...!

Ah, yes in the second image of the detail parts, the 'weirdly shaped' items near the wheels (tires?)

R/ Robert

• 4 weeks later...

Is there any extra info up on the Concorder anywhere?

Things like how the cockpit gets inserted and how much work is needed for the alternates nose positions?

And in fact how many nose positions there are?

Instructions are not up at Hph yet so can't check those out..

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Ordered mine yesterday. Yipee, I hope it arrives in the same number of bits it set off with.

Has anyone actually built or done some work on one of these yet?

Colin