Superglue Woes

Sinx

Cyano de-bonder will work. Far less risky than sanding. Dab it on with a small paint brush. Be patient. It takes a while for the de-bonder to penetrate. As it begins to loosen you can gently begin to chip if off with the tip of an xacto blade. It won't all come off in one go. Just wipe it clean and have another go at it with more debonder. When you get to the last application you can just wipe it clean. The debonder doesn't dissolve the super glue it just weakens it and makes it sort of scaly. The thinner the super glue layer is the easier it comes off and the fewer applications needed. I know this works (and with little or no collateral damage) because I usedout to remove a very firmly super glued canopy from an "in progress" Canberra just last week; a B.2 comprised of an Airfix B (I)8, a DB Resins B.2 nose, The B(I)8 clear nose piece, the old Airfix B(I)6 canopy, and Heritage engine nacelle fronts (being intended for use with B(I)8 kit they fit more easily than the equally good DB ones). Guess who has given up on the long promised MPM and Italeri kits of the B.2.