Renault Estafette 800 kg high roof

Bengalensis

As this model is very much of my own engineering now, it's not quite clear how it should actually be assembled. I can't fit the steering column until the dash board and chassis is fitted and to fit the dashboard I must first fit the windscreen but there's a lot of other things I have to fit after the steering column that must be done before the chassis is fitted...

The door windows, steering wheel and other parts were added inside the body. To bring a little more life to the interior I also added a pair of gloves, a piece of paper and a candy bag.

Typical Renault. Just needs a pack of Gauloises now.

Seriously that is some work. Better than Renault ever did!

• Like 1

As I finished the R4 Fourgonnette with a little weathering I did this one as well, keeping it quite light. Again it's slightly more visible IRL, but not very much. And with that this one is also finished.

E98.jpg

E99.jpg

I have a second set of the resin parts in my stash I would like to do another version from, but as it's so much corrections and scratch building required I wonder if I will get to that in foreseeable future. We'll see...

I have added more pictures in the RFI section here.

• Like 6

• 4 years later...

Nice to see this impressive build flagged up again.

I wish Heller would release their planned version of the Estafette. I understand the tooling is done but management appear reluctant to invest in putting it into production. Given the roaring success of the Heller H Van I think they are missing out on another sales success. And just think of all the variants that could be modelled. Perhaps France needs a Modelmakers revolution 🤔😁

• Like 2

Thanks for the attention guys. I´m still very happy each time I see the model in the cabinet, still very satisfied with it.

I too hope that Heller will follow through with their versions sooner before later...

I'm just putting the finishing touches to my build of Airtrax 1/24 Renault Fuego, which had been stalled for a while. It's one of Airtrax more recent resin kits and I'm happy to say it's been a pretty joyful experience all the way.

• Like 3

• 8 months later...

Found this whilst searching for info on Airtrax kits - lovely work on the Estafette 🙂

On 24/03/2019 at 20:37, Bengalensis said:

I'm just putting the finishing touches to my build of Airtrax 1/24 Renault Fuego, which had been stalled for a while. It's one of Airtrax more recent resin kits and I'm happy to say it's been a pretty joyful experience all the way.

Please post up some pics of this too! 😎

• Like 2