Spitfire Mk.IXc ''Mystras'', Eduard 1/48 Weekend

Stathis

I always wanted to built a Hellenic Spitfire. One day I saw the decals made by Tiger Head and I decided to built the MH558 with the word ''Mystras'' on the nose.

Here you can read about Mystras:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mystras

The plane that I will built was flown by George Smyrniotopoulos.

scrubelosSpitMYSTRAS.jpg

The finished plane will look like this

7a4f300c-91b9-41ca-a9a3-0ff8fbed6870.jpg

This is the kit.

3b1c39ab-373b-41de-b491-21d150be7906.jpg

So far I didn't do much.

Trying to make holes

DSC_8255.jpg

Really nice but time consuming cockpit

DSC_8256.jpg

DSC_8257.jpg

The kit has a decal for the instrument panel. Fortunately, Eduard provides a panel with raised detail. So, I used floor polish as gloss varnish on the panel. When it dried, I used Gunze Setter at first. Then I put the decal on the panel and gently squeezed air with kitchen tissue. And almost immediately I put on some Softer with a brush. I left it all night in a little box and today I saw a great looking panel!

DSC_8228-1.jpg

DSC_8229-1.jpg

DSC_8230-1.jpg

And something for the photos: I followed the forum's instructions on how to post photographs. I saw that this forum is quite different to an other one where I am a member. The photos here don't appear in a small window. If there is a way to post them smaller and to have them opened in greater window by clicking on them, please let me know.

Edited by Stathis
  • Like 3

• 3 years later...

After three years I am back to this topic, but with bad news. 

The decals from Tiger Head are wrong. The roundels are too small and the shark teeth too big!! 

I am in search of roundels. Or I will paint them myself as I have ordered a tool to cut circles from masking tape. 

And of course I will paint the shark teeth.

• Like 1