British Aerospace Eurofighter Typhoon F.Mk.2 (Airfix 1:72)

Hi Everyone,

Here is my latest completed build : Airfix Typhoon F.Mk.2 1:72 scale, ZJ928, No.17 Squadron based at RAF Coningsby, scheme dating back to 2007.

Anyway here are the photos.

Typhoon1_zpsa03d6f84.jpg

Typhoon2_zpsdf770502.jpg

Typhoon3_zps259537d0.jpg

Typhoon4_zps8a1ad296.jpg

And now for one of the Real Thing - Typhoon FGR.4 taken at Bournemouth Airshow 31/08/2014

RealThing_zps5d50a86b.jpg

Thanks as always for looking. Comments welcome.

Cheers,

Rick

• Like 8

Good job!

I had one of these, but it ended up in the bin - the fit was terrible and the decals were absolute rubbish on mine, all the fin flashes broke. Did you hit any problems?

Hi Andy,

Nope no problems at all.

I think this has to the easiest build ever of an Airfix kit for me. The decals went on really easily, I normally split decals as well but not this time.

Cheers,

Rick

Only comment from me is that it's not a "British Aerospace Eurofighter Typhoon", it's just a Eurofighter Typhoon. BAE Systems is but one part of the consortium...

Thanks, but blame Air fix as that was what they put on the box.

Thanks to everyone who commented, I thoroughly enjoyed this build as it wasn't overly complicated and went together really well.

Cheers,

Rick

• 1 month later...

Same here: I never liked the plane, but the more I see it, the more I enjoy it,,, It is Evil!!!

Your build is good, the paint is smooth and you can almost smell the kerosene (or is it still Ricin oil the RAF is using?)!

Well done!

JR

thanks everyone,

it was a really fun build. i have several other airfix kits to do including the 1:72 red arrows 50th anniversary hawk and the 2012 raf benevolent fund hawk.

i will take some pictures with other aircraft i have done with my new DSLR camera.

Rick