Blower Bentley, Airfix 1:12th scale

Brandy

Hang on for a little while Rob. I'm hoping to talk to a friend who's done 3d design and see if I can make the 6 shocks on one sprue to reduce the costs. I can't do it myself as my trial of Rhino has expired.

Ian

• Like 1

They do look very nice but indeed cost a lot. Be interested to hear if you have them 3D printed together on one sprue

Ian, thank you for the efforts. As before, I'll order a set when I'm back home (I'm 300km from home at work, and while I do have an internet connection, it's not the best...)

Jeremy, I believe there was a problem with the file for some reason, not sure quite why as it checked out ok when a friend took a look at it!

Anyway, it should now be fixed and ready to go. Please let me know if you have any further issues!

Thanks for your patience!

Ian

Limeypilot, kudoos for having the courage to tackle a kit you started 40 so years back (?) . i wonder if the all the parts are still there.

how is it possible to order your amazing dampers please ? i got the newly produced BB airfix and plan on starting it after i finish my current project.

Sharknose...thanks, and yes, I believe all the parts are still there! You can order the shocks via my Shapeways shop, the link is a few posts above this one (post no. 231). The problems should be taken care of now but if you have any issues let me know and I'll get them fixed!

Ian

Edited by limeypilot

No, unfortunately not. I even emailed the Bentley Drivers' Club and have had no luck....I'm an ex BDC member, having marshalled for them at their Silverstone race meets for a few years. So much for repaying a favour....I'll just have to guess it....

Ian

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Jeremy and Poul!

The green is Tamiya x-5 (23ml pot) with 1.25ml (1/4 tsp) of black added (yes, I used a food measuring spoon, good job I'm not married!) It could probably be a little darker in truth, but I'll stick with it now.

Ian

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ian,

Been away for a few days, but when I came back, the shock were her. Looking real good.

Thanks very much for your efforts to create and share it.

Edited by Pouln
  • Like 1

You're welcome! It was fun making them, I learned a lot, and it just made sense to make them available.

One of these days I'll get back on to this build....

Ian

I have the wreckage of one of these I built as a kid (many many moons ago), as well as one I picked up about 10 years ago but I have put off building it because I wanted to lace the wheels.

Your work on the wheels is inspirational I must say.

Now I have to squeeze out some time for my own projects.

In the mean time a little conceptual modeling is taking place in my tiny squalid little brain...

It helps me sleep at night. :nerd:

Edited by Tzulscha

• 2 months later...

Hi Ian,

On your post #57 Page 3, the picture where the cut of front area of the floor joint to the firewall, there are 3 holes in the front floor area. The left and right holes are for the clutch and break pedals. What would the center pedal be for? It is represented as a much taller pedal on the kit, but do you know what it connects to? None of the pictures i have show what this pedal connects to.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

The centre hole is for the throttle pedal. See post 163 for the front side pic of how it is mounted. It will have a long rod attached to it leading forward to the linkages for the carbs etc.

Ian

Edited by limeypilot

Hi Jeremy,

The centre hole is for the throttle pedal. See post 163 for the front side pic of how it is mounted. It will have a long rod attached to it leading forward to the linkages for the carbs etc.

Ian

Ok, got it. Thanks! I'm definitely not cut out to be a detective.