F-16A NSAWC

Avgas

Second completed build of the year, 1/48 Hasegawa F-16A. Well, nearly completed - I've got to try to locate an ACMI pod, then I'll hang it and the dummy AIM-9 I've got painted up.

Lovely kit - fits well and is about my preferred level of detail as I don't like getting bogged down with overly detailed, finicky kits. Painted with Humbrol acrylics and I used decals from Twobobs.

Anyway, some pics:

IMG_5941.jpg

IMG_5950.jpg

IMG_5952.jpg

IMG_5938.jpg

IMG_5943.jpg

IMG_5949.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

• Like 15

ACMI pod, hasegawa weapons set D. (Smart bombs and Target pods)

If you like that sort of thing!

Aha, thanks very much for that info.

And thanks for the comments everyone :)

Nicely done, always like an Aggressor! Why Hasewaga don't include weapons in certain kits is beyond me, I don't think I've seen an Aggressor (f-16) without pods on!

I see your point but in fairness to Hasegawa, this is the Thunderbirds boxing. I've got a couple of pics of empty Aggressors but a splash of orange and blue will break up the monotony of the grey nicely :)

• 2 weeks later...

Aha, thanks very much for that info.

And thanks for the comments everyone :)

No problem glad To have helped you.

(I say that now because those weapon boxes will have you searching out all kinds of machines to fit them onto) so apologies for that! ;-)

I'm into the aggressor schemes, I think they are the best markings around on F16/F15 aircraft. I'm a fan of the F15 and I got these sets for the Aim 9x and the tacts pods to help complete the afterburner decals sheet of aggressor F15s but I'm sure I'll use some of the remaining items.

See also set E which has the an/alq 188, that's the pod that gives out the Bandit signature if I've read up and remembered correctly!

I think it's only fitted to F16s. I really want a lizard aggressor F16 armed accordingly, sitting on my shelf!

I have boxes D/E in 1/48, the detail is nice, crisp, recessed with glazed parts and decals. Some of the weapons are mini models.

• Like 1