Landrover WMIK. First try with pigments

Tango Fox

Looks good so far, I know what you mean about the brightness, I find some times you need to mix different pigments(only a little bit) to get a less bright shade I've never used humbrol pigments before. Mig do a nice range of pigments and washes.

Looking at your build reminded me of a summer being bounced around in one. on one of my many adventures to the Middle East.

55b96f1b8ee27b805bcbfaa913439c10_zps5062

Can't wait to see more thanks,

Edited by Ozzy

It's looking really good, yeah there's a lot of stuffed attached to the sides and in every available space. Are you going to mount it on a base/ small dio? Can't wait to see more

Yes it will go on a simple desert vignette. Probably a couple of figures if I can find decent ones that DON'T cost more than the land rover kit itself!! Lots of ammo boxes, kit, mg's etc to add.

Edited by Tango Fox

Sounds good, I know what you mean about the figures, I don't think I have ever seen british military figures that weren't resin, happy hunting.

IMAG2735_1_zpsjshcteto.jpg

IMAG2732_1_zpsthqjpb9a.jpg

IMAG2734_1_zpsxhsekgsw.jpg

Building up the weathering now. Guns n bits on. Ammo boxes painted for weathering. Need to make some "extras" packs, gear, tarps etc to hang on it. Still looking for suitable figures.

Edited by Tango Fox
  • Like 1

Thanks for the tip, looks like some very useful sets of gear. I have had a crack using modelling clay. Think the test will be what they look like when they are painted!! I have ordered a set of figures from masterbox, "somewhere in the middle east" looks like a decent set of generic UK special forces/soldiers.

IMAG2736_1_zpsvasqrzq3.jpg

Looking really good, on my WMIK there were Kevlar boards that were on the sides, with places to clip stuff onto. It was part of a quick mod with some other heavy bits for the flooring to reduce the effects of a blast.

IMAG2747_1_zpsexblnwu4.jpg

Made start on the base. 6x6 mdf. Das modelling clay rolled flattish.given a hint of texture by lightly pressing a tea towel over it. pressed landy in to make tyre impressions. Rocks are cat litter. Also random footprints added around where vehicle will sit. Now leaving it to dry.

Edited by Tango Fox