Lifecolor Paints

Jabba

I have recently bought some Lifecolor paints which have a UA code, but when I tried to brush paint a model they do not seem to have much colour density, and the colour of the plastic is still showing through after several coats. Showing them to a couple of colleagues at work we have come to some sort of conclusion that these paints are really meant to the used with an airbrush, which is something that I have never done. Could I continue using a brush with these paints athough it would take a month of sundays to actually cover the model with the correct density of colour, or is it the airbrush, or even worse the end of this project as I cannot find the paint colours that I want in enamels?

I would be very grateful for any help.

Which ones do you have? Names and numbers would be best. Lifecolor is usually quite thick in the bottle, and when I've used it on occasion to brush paint small areas, it's always covered pretty well :shrug:

Hi, Jabba.

In this situation - if you have to use the paints - I would suggest you strip the old paint off, prime the model's surface completely and then paint the kit again.

More hassle, it's true, but will lead to much better results.

Hope this helps.

Chris.

Which ones do you have? Names and numbers would be best. Lifecolor is usually quite thick in the bottle, and when I've used it on occasion to brush paint small areas, it's always covered pretty well :shrug:

I had the same experience of Mike, most Lifecolour colours are quite tick, and two layers are usually more than enough for even the lightest colour.

Hi Jabba,

From the FS number it's a yellow, and it'll be a pig to paint. I hate brushing yellows of any shade, and the only way I have managed is using several light coats. For Lifecolor in general, I've found they cover well - whether brushing or airbrushing. However, not much help to you with this one.

Good luck, and best wishes,

Will

Thanks. I have noticed that where I painted the U/C bays whte, there has been some over spill of paint (Halford spray can paint) and this has covered well with the paint. Perhaps i should have sprayed the whole aircraft. I will carry on with more light coats.