Eduard 1/48 Bf109E-4 built as a Battle of Britain Jabo from JG26

I finally managed to finish a model! My workbench has been packed up for over a year due to a house rebuild but since a couple of weeks I'm back in full swing. This Eduard Bf109E-4 was just about ready for paint last year but I had to wait until now to finish it.

It's all painted in AK Interactive paints except for the yellow RLM 04 which is from Xtracrylix.

Weathering was done with load of different techniques, I used a lot of pigments that I thought turned out a little harsch so I misted the weathering with the camouflage colors and ended up with something that I was quite happy with.

I'm not British nor is the subject but for my next build I'll make it 50% better! :)

/Anders

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg
06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

• Like 20

Great looking Emil. Very nice.

All it needs is a Spitfire on its six...LOL!

Superb build.

Next one will be 50% better??? Well this one looks about as good as they get to me - fantastic build, and I agree with the comments about the mottling, it is amazing. :thumbsup:

Thank you! The grass is Heki wild grass. There's other brands around too these days, can't recall the name though.

These mats are not like the large rolls with paper backing but smaller, with higher grass but lacking backing material so they need to be glued onto a base plate with suitable color.

/Anders