Airfix 1/72nd Lightning F.2A- 92 Sqn silver weathered

Hiya Folks,

I know that lots of Lightnings have been posted already so thanks for taking a look at mine,.....having seem photos of the original aircraft some were quite weather beaten with paint wearing away from the fin and spine so I`ve had a go at recreating this;

DSCF1428_zps1bb8a7ce.jpg

DSCF1437_zpsa24fe0ba.jpg

DSCF1432_zps7bdd7643.jpg

DSCF1430_zps9a6e75cc.jpg

DSCF1429_zpsfc7adba0.jpg

Cheers

Tony

Ooops,....looking at this on the computer screen I think that I might have made the gun panels on the nose too long? Thats what happens when you model lae at night and don` bother to consult the pile of reference material that you`ve collected because it is `only a quick job before going to bed'!!

Confirmed,.....upon checking,...yes,...I`ve ballsed up the panels!

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 28

Thanks everyone,

Gutted about the silly mistake but thanks for your kind remarks,

All the best

Tony

Great job, Tony! Don't worry about the mistake. If English Electric, Teddy Petter, and Airfix didn't expect us to paint the gun panel that large, then they shouldn't have put a panel line there!

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 2

Too right, Bill! I am sick and tired of aircraft designers, manufacturers, and air forces making things difficult for us modellers. Just look at the Il-2 Shturmovik - I mean couldn't the Soviets have had the decency to take some time out from their life-and-death struggle with the Germans to take some more detailed photographs of the Il-2? Is that asking too much? And does the Tu-95 Bear really need all those propellers?

Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang

Lovely Tony, the weathered area's on the blue are superbly rendered.

Just been masking my own effort tonight after a few weeks with it on the back burner and now really motivated to get it finished after seeing this one!

Great work,

Eng

Thanks again everybody, glad you like it. To be honest I didn`t think I`d get much response to this one so I`m a bit overwhelmed really,...ta very much! Why is it that the ones that you are really proud of seem to drop away with only a few remarks while those that you think won`t be popular are?

Doc 72- I painted it silver overall and then chipped and sanded away at the blue to try and replicate the worn out look seen on quiet a few of the Lightnings seen on the Gutersloh Spotters Website,....where there are some fabulous piccy`s! Here is a linky thing;

http://sg-etuo.de/

Cheers

Tony