Pacific LCVP 1/35

Did this build a little while ago it was an attempt by me at a beach scene with some water splashes from shells hitting the water and using some weathering tips I had picked up from some Armour modelers

The base is made up from insulation foam cut to shape the wave crests are made up using some Deluxe materials making waves and railway scenic snow

the big splash shapes are made up from a cotton but stick and clear silicone sealer the waves at the stern are made from a green dish-washing pad

the LCVP is the Italieri 1/35 kit and the figures are Dragon US Marines Tarawa set

Picture_0296.jpg

Picture_0185.jpg

Picture_02013.jpg

Picture_02313.jpg

hope you like

Beefy

• Like 12

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks gent,s

Ozzy the water explosions are made using the plastic tube part from a cotton bud stick I then cover this with cheap B&Q translucent silicon sealer. I then use an old hairdryer ( when you see my photo you will know why I say old ) to start to dry the silicon when the silicone starts to get a skin on it put down the hairdryer and use a tooth pick to start to tease out and up the silicone and then start to dry again repeat these steps until happy with the shape leave this to full dry by hanging it upside down to keep the form of the splash.

When dry drill hole in the base were the splash is to go and add more silicone to the base area brush this out with a wide flat brush and dry with hairdryer form the base of splash with a raised circle of silicone when happy with the shape add some model-railway scenic snow and gently daub this into the silicone and remove the excess leave this all to dry for 2 days until set fully when happy with results you can then use white enamel paint to dry brush the highlighted areas of the splash.

With the silicone drying an apace color you need to highlight the outer parts of the splash to give a contrast to the finish of the water effect.

Will try and get some photos up as a sort of how to for you if you want.

Beefy

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Lads

Kev no do not fit bathrooms but do fit around 400 front and rear car windscreens with Silicone Mastic in a shift not me personally but the section I,am in charge of at work up here in the North East ( Nissan ). That is about 1200 cars every 24 hours :sleep_1: and that is why my modelling out put is so slow :badmood:

Cheers Beefy