First RAF A400M Painted

The serial range for the RAF A400 is ZM400-421. This appears to be in line with other recent acquisitions such as the A330 Voyagers (ZZ330 on) and C17s (ZZ171-178). I rather wish we could go back to adding new aircraft in consecutive number order!

Mark

• Like 1

Booooooring

With all the desert related activity these days, they should have been in the same scheme the Hercs, Andovers and Argosies used to wear i.e. tan and brown, black undersides and a white panel over the flight deck to keep the crew (and the computers) cool.

• Like 1

Anybody knows which squadron will get it?

That will add a little more black markings

24 Sqn are due to be the first sqn to convert. Not sure out of 30, 47 and 70 sqns which others are due to change. I wouldn't necessarily expect any sqn markings as the aircraft will doubtless be pooled in common with the RAF C130 and A330 fleets.

Mark

At least the roundels are blue and red unlike the F35 thingy. Grey is a pretty good all round colour, although Light Stone and Dark Earth would be alright for current operations who knows where the transports will be next? Would look a bit out of place over most of Eastern Europe

24 Sqn are due to be the first sqn to convert. Not sure out of 30, 47 and 70 sqns which others are due to change. I wouldn't necessarily expect any sqn markings as the aircraft will doubtless be pooled in common with the RAF C130 and A330 fleets.

Mark

That is a shame, they should at least do 1 plane with squadron markings!

70 Squadron has already disbanded. At the time of its disbandment parade, various sources suggested that it would be the first to form on the Atlas (as I suppose we must call it), and I can't shake the nagging feeling that I have heard that someone I know has been appointed as OC 70 Squadron for later this year (although I will have to re-read the email when I get back in to work - if I can find it - to see if I actually read it properly).

Just as I clicked the link a thought flashed through my mind that, despite what I knew I would see, that it might be an Atlas in retro-style Air Support Command colours, with white upper fuselage and a blue cheatline, or light stone/dark earth with black undersides. I guess that it is often true when they say that the anticipation is better than the receiving.

But who knows? When the 1/144 Atlas appears in the blue Revell box (was due for release in August), I can take one home and just maybe it will appear in one of those colour schemes. Anything is possible.