Anyone else heard the rumor of an Airfix Shackleton?

Jennings Heilig

I don't think there will be a Lincoln, hence Blackbird models doing the conversion

I tentatively agree with that, although I find it hard to believe that there is no market for a new tool Avro Lincoln if modellers here are prepared to pay close to GBP80.00 for Donor kit and Conversion?

I realise that we are only a small minority of the modelling market, however I think this is a classic case of Pareto's 80/20 rule (20% of us modellers buying 80% of kits).

Cheers and Happy New Year to all.. Dave

Edited by Rabbit Leader
  • Like 1

You think Airfix tell him their future plans? They'd have to, for that to be a causal connection. Maybe they do, I don't know.

I think Airfix do collaborate to some extent with aftermarket manufacturers, in the sense that if one were to say "would I be wasting my time if I made a set to convert your Kit X into Aircraft Y," they might say "okay," or alternately, "might want to hold off on that one".

I think Airfix do collaborate to some extent with aftermarket manufacturers, in the sense that if one were to say "would I be wasting my time if I made a set to convert your Kit X into Aircraft Y," they might say "okay," or alternately, "might want to hold off on that one".

I believe this is the case. At the end of the day, there's a win/win/win for both manufacturers and modeller here, Airfix still sell a kit for a conversion to be made.

• Like 1

I believe this is the case. At the end of the day, there's a win/win/win for both manufacturers and modeller here, Airfix still sell a kit for a conversion to be made.

I think you are right, John Aero even commented saying 'this is why I never released my Shackleton conversion' or something like it, so they must speak one way or another.