AVF Churchill Howitzer

beefy66

I have been trying to get some Mojo back after my summer vacation as they say over the big pond so have been plugging away with this for a couple of weeks now got the weekend off thought I would try and finish off the build part this it so far still got a fair amount of parts to fit before the paint stage

IMG_02706.JPG

IMG_03384.JPG

IMG_03378.JPG

Now that the wife is out shopping should be able to get some work done on this.

Beefy

• Like 1

Nice start mate

Will you be leaving most of the track exposed ? I think it beefs up (no pun intended) its presence.

If your good lady takes as much time shopping as mine you should be able to finish construction, paint it and make a base for it before she comes in.

Cheers

K

• Like 1

Thanks mate not quite as big a shopping trip as that but enough to get some work done and I will be leaving some of the front track guards off to expose the front running gear as though it has been damaged.

Cheers Beefy

The plan is to have it landed and heading down a French road with some infantry hitching a ride maybe D-day plus 5 and maybe a thick hedgerow as a back drop at least that is the idea as long as I can get some motivation back in me :sleep_1:

Think I need another holiday to recover from the last one

Beefy

Off to a good start there.

you'll find some more churchill builds over on the group build section for d-day

Just finishing off a MkIV myself, it goes together really, really well.

It looks like you're making very good progress with yours.

I'll watch with interest

• 4 weeks later...

Well been a while but sort of got the old MOJO back got the build finished and put some primer on followed by a base coat mix of Vallejo olive drab and Russian Green and then start on some weathering and figures.

IMG_000124.JPG

IMG_000218.JPG

Beefy

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well after leaving this to dry for a bit I have added the decals and applied a generous coat of yellow orche oil paint to start the weathering next up a coat of matt varnish to dull it all down and then some pigments and pastels for a bit more dusty look to it.

IMG_002013.JPG

IMG_001810.JPG

IMG_001613.JPG

On this last photo I used the flash and you can see better the amount of wash I have applied to start off the dusty affect I,am wanting to achieve.

Beefy

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

very nice' looking really good mate, can't wait to see it finished.

cheers oz!.

Thanks Oz should get this done this weekend going to do the Tamiya British infantry figures to go with it on a base at least that is the Idea anyway :tapedshut:

Beefy

• 3 months later...

After a bit of a break from this one I have now started on the base the idea is to have a wall in the back ground and 3 infantry figures walking along with the tank so here is the progress on the base so far using insulation foam and air dry clay

IMG_0308_zpskha79nbm.jpg

IMG_0307_zpskgawhhpz.jpg

IMG_0309_zpsaput1qyq.jpg

Beefy

• Like 1

OK so time to start laying the turf and for this I will be using some hanging basket liner and some dried roots from my garden PVA glue strips of the liner down and then give the wall a coat of thin green oil wash

IMG_0311_zpsjqs5qahr.jpg

IMG_0312_zpsadz8nvrz.jpg

I have then taken some of the dry root to use as a wall climbing plant will add leaves later

IMG_0313_zpsdj5dy6ej.jpg

Grass in place when the PVA glue is dry will trim down the liner

IMG_0314_zpsx8shizgj.jpg

And this is the look of the little scene I am trying to achieve with one of the figures I have been working on

Beefy

Another update have added leaves to the plant root using mixed herb leaves from the kitchen :innocent: and also used some dry moss again from the garden and a dried flower head to use as a shrub also painted the grass various shades to get a bit of variation into it and have started to add some rubble to the area of broken plaster.

IMG_0315_zpstyt1c2ek.jpg

IMG_0316_zpsmn3hmz44.jpg

IMG_0318_zps7apopy01.jpg

Beefy

• Like 1