RAF Wittering Gate Guardian

F-32

A couple of shots I took on the way up to Waddington last week:

14974493266_5da13903eb_b.jpgHarrier GR.7A ZD469 'Christine' by tony_inkster, on Flickr

14810872648_e93dd57908_b.jpgHarrier GR.7A ZD469 'Christine' by tony_inkster, on Flickr

14810789449_ca37bee41a_b.jpgHarrier GR.7A ZD469 'Christine' by tony_inkster, on Flickr

14810892438_8877404fc5_b.jpgHarrier GR.7A ZD469 'Christine' by tony_inkster, on Flickr

• Like 7

No it's fine, if you pull off the A1 there is a visitors car park before the gate, I pulled over and snapped away without any problems

Great photos of both Harriers,.....isn`t the GR.3 a much more interesting looking aircraft?

As for Wittering,.....I think that it is now home to RAF ground based Signals, Control and Catering units? Like `Get Some In',....you do your National Service but you never see a plane,....or am I showing my age now?

Cheers,

Tony

• Like 1

I believe she is still here - http://www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=52510 I can't find no extra info on it at the moment.

Nice pics too Tony, I was stationed at Cottesmore and I never got any decent photos :(

*kicks one self, hard*

Holy cow what I would give to get in there !

I had no problems taking photos in March 2012 (though realised time has moved on a bit since then), If you can't get near her now, perhaps these will help .... Christine up close and personal

There's other Harrier walkarounds here (pick the appropriate album from the index)

Hope they're useful for your Harrier builds.

Lovely photos. Quite surprised that RAF Wittering is still there as it's donkey's years since it saw a live aircraft isn't it?

It's recently reopened for flying - currently just 3 Tutors based there but various UASs due over the coming months.