Renault 4 Fourgonnette

Thanks a lot for all kind praise everyone.

That is a simply beautiful model Jörgen - pictured in a natural setting I have no doubt it would pass for the real thing, as it just looks so right!

I meant to ask before but forgot, how did you do the fluid in the washer & coolant bottles - is it just paint on the outside? It looks very effective....

Keith

The fluids are just thinned Tamiya clear paint on the outside. It looks better than nothing, but I'm sure this can be done much better than I did here. It's something I would like to be able to better.

Ah memories. What about the rust?

It will be fairly new as portrayed here, it's a -68 or -69 model and the license plates dates it before -72-73, as do the Renault logo on the side. I guess the real reason I don't fancy modelling rusted cars (so far at least), is probably that I have spent a huge amount of time restoring quite a number of sad neglected cars back to their former glory over the years.

Beautiful job as usual, Jorgen. Are the advertising decals on the side, supplied with the kit? Or maybe they are local to your part of the world ?

BillyD

The text is my own printing and the logos are from the scrap box. It's done as a local Renault dealer/garage where my father bought and serviced all his Renault's. Lots of memories.

Really? That's nice Billy, thanks. I know where there's a 2CV Fourgonette in ex-French Post Office yellow sitting disused in a barn in Lot et Garonne, lovely condition just waiting to be restored. Alternatively this Ebbro one might do me for now...

rgds Tony

I see you got the tip of their 2CV Fourgonnette. It looks very nice in the box and should make a wonderful post car.